8: next morning

Sabrina’s POV

The next morning everyone was on their way to class and I was on my way to Remedial Goodness 101, with the rest of the VK’s also. I heard that the alarm at the museum went off last night, and I already knew who it was, but I refused to say anything. Because I don’t want my friends to go back to the island, even if they had to steal the wand just to make their parents happy for like five seconds and then abandon them all over again. Or making them their servants again, I’m talking about you Cruella and her doing who knows what to Carlos.

I’ve seen what Cruella has done to Carlos ever since I was little, and it hurts watching her abusing him. That’s the worst thing that a parent should do to their child, maybe that's why I never said anything just because I know what’s going to happen.

I also don’t want to go back also, even if I wasn't involved, granted yes my father would be understanding, but I finally got away from Harry and the rest of the pirates. They were horrible, but that was life on the island. It’s sad more that I think about it now, than then, as I got used to it, and now I finally get away from all of that, and start a new book in my life. 

A happy book, that has fun, adventures, and maybe even romance but I haven’t gotten that far yet, but I hope I do, eventually. Then also find a way to free my father and my brothers, but I’ll definitely have to wait for that part.

After the bell rings signaling that class has started, Fairy Godmother finishes writing the questions on the chalkboard, and she turns to us who are sitting in the desks. Mal is sitting by Evie and I, and the boys are sitting by each other.

A couple of questions later, Mal has been getting the questions right as she picks the one's that don’t sound fun. Which is a nice trick if you ask me, but I’d pick the one's that sound like a good person would pick.

“Okay, third question. If someone hands you a crying baby, do you? A: curse it?, B: lock it in a tower?, C: give it a bottle? Or D: carve out its heart?” Fairy Godmother says asking the question. Evie raises her hand and the Fairy Godmother calls on her “Evie.”

“What was the second one?” Evie asks the headmistress, and she shakes her head, and she calls on Mal instead.

“C give it a bottle.” Mal says clearly not paying attention as she’s too busy drawing the wand that they were supposed to steal.

“Correct, again.” Fairy Godmother says with a smile as Carlos and I turn to Mal.

“You’re on fire, girl!” Carlos says smiling at Mal for getting the question right.

“Just pick the one that doesn’t sound any fun.” I say to Carlos and he nods his head at me.

“Oh.” Carlos says to me, and I nod my head.

“That makes so much sense.” Evie says as she finally understands why Mal’s been getting the questions right, because she’s been picking the one's that don’t sound like ufn.

The Fairy Godmother sees someone walking in the doorway as they must have just gotten to the classroom.

“Hi. You need to sign off on early dismissal for the coronation. Everyone here remembers my daughter, Jane?” Fairy Godmother says as we slowly nod our heads at her.

“Jane, this is everyone.” Fairy Godmother says introducing her daughter to us.

“Hi. That’s okay, don’t mind me. As you were.” Jane says to us, as she walks towards the entrance.

“Ahem. Let’s continue. You find a vial of poison. Do you. A, put it in the king’s wine? B, paint it on an apple? Or, C, turn it over to the proper authorities?” She asks as she’s writing the next question on the board.

Jay raises his hand and the teacher calls on him and he smirks. “C. Turn it over to the proper authorities.” Jay says smirking at Carlos knowing that’s what he was going to say.

“I was gonna say that.” Carlos says to Jay and he grins and they start fighting as I try not to laugh at watching it.. The teacher tries to get them to stop, but to no avail.

“Boys. Boys! I am gonna encourage you to use that energy on the tourney field.” The teacher says to the two as they stop themselves.

“Oh, no. That’s okay. Whatever that is. We’ll…we’ll pass.” Carlos says as the bell rings shortly after he says that.