14: lets go trick ben into loving mal

That night
The kitchen

----

"All right. It says that we still need one tear and I never cry." Mal says as Sabrina is standing next to Carlos eating a snack.

If she was going to be staying up this late, she night as well have a snack.

"Let's chop up some onions." Carlos suggests as Sabrina shakes her head at her friend as everyone else gave him a weird look.

"No, it says that we need one tear of human sadness, and this love spell will get the best reviews so we have to follow it exactly." Mal says as she thinks of how they'll do this as Sabrina doesn't say anything and just eats.

"A tears a tear." Jay says as Evie shakes her head at him.

"That's not true, Jay. They both have antibodies and enzymes, but an emotional tear has more protein-based hormones than a reflex tear." Evie says as Sabrina smiles as she has a mouth full of a random bag if goodness.

"Listen to you." Mal says impressed that Evie knew that.

"Yeah, I knew that." Jay says as Sabrina shakes her head at what he said. Yeah you totally knew that.

"Did not." Carlos says as Sabrina poked him with a smile as he smiled back at her.

"Yeah, I did." Jay says as Sabrina gave him a look as she ate a chip.

Then the door to the kitchen opens and a girl with jet black hair with some highlights that Sabrina recognized as Lonnie.

"There you are, Mal! I was looking for you. You know, all the girls want you to go their hair!" Lonnie says as she looks at Sabrina. "Midnight snack, huh?" The blonde girl nods her head as she slowly puts a chip in her mouth. Then Lonnie turned back to Mal. "What you guys making?"

"N'thing pecial. Just cookies." Sabrina says mumbling through the food in her mouth.

Then Lonnie leans over and dips her finger into the cookie batter and Sabrina almost spit out her snack. "Oh, no, no!" Sabrina walks in front of Lonnie.

"What? I'm not gonna double dip." Lonnie says as Sabrina gave her a look as she rose her eyebrow.

"Feel anything different?" Sabrina asks as Lonnie looks at Sabrina confused. "Like maybe it might be missing anything?"

Lonnie continues to look at Sabrina like that, before she thought of something. "It could use some chips."

Sabrina and everyone else is confused at what Lonnie just said. "Chips?" She asks the girl.

" ... those are?" Mal asks finally saying something since before Lonnie got here.

"Chocolate chips. Just the most important food group. Wait, did your moms ever make you guys, like, chocolate chip cookies? Like, when you're feeling sad, and they're fresh from the oven, with a big of glass of milk, and she just makes you laugh, and puts everything into prospective, and ...." Lonnie says explaining to them then she sees that they're all looking at her. "Wait, ehy are you all looking at me like that?"

"It's just different where we're from." Mal says as Sabrina sinks her head down as she suddenly lost her appetite of devouring her snack.