Chapter 10

As soon as the Teyvat University basketball team bus entered the parking area, they could hear fangirls' screaming and cameras clicking faintly. The coach sighed from the front seat, "this is why I hate being late on the final day. Everyone is getting hyped", and then he turned to the players with a stern face, "remember interviews and fans come after the game. I don't care if you promised to sign or accept gifts. Do that all you want when you win this final game. UNDERSTAND?"

His question was replied to by a chorus of 'YES' from the players. "Good", he nodded firmly at them one last time before getting off to find personnel to help them all enter the stadium safely.

Kaeya looked down at snoring Itto on his shoulder before flicking the poor man's forehead with a sharp 'pow!'

"Oww! What was that for?!", Itto rubbed his reddened skin.

"You were drooling on my jacket. How else should I wake you up?", Kaeya shrugged unapologetically while double-checking his attire, "hope it didn't fall on me."

"Is it me or are you caring how you look a little too much today?", Itto asked innocently.

The tanned man flinched at this and cleared his throat, "it's nothing."

Standing up from his seat, Ayato slyly answered, "I heard a certain winery heir and his father will be coming to see the match."

Kaeya screamed 'traitor' from his glare. Itto, who had finally connected the dots, slapped his hands together, "Diluc is coming to see the game with his father?", and proceeded to hug his roommate's shoulder tightly, "good for you! It had been a while since you have seen Diluc and your foster father, right?"

Thoma joined the conversation with a smile, "that's good to hear! I take it you two have made up?"

The blue-eyed senior straightened up from his seat, "it's just a coincidence that they decided to come here today. Maybe they are looking for an athlete to sponsor?"

"That reasoning would have worked if Ayato and I didn't meet Diluc at the business conference last week. He said he promised with you that he will come and watch if we manage to reach the final", Ajax confronted with a sly smirk.

The man could only groan lowly, "stupid billionaire heirs", before getting off the bus first.

The rest followed suit while chuckling at his rare moment of weakness.

~

The coach was giving the team one last speech when Ajax accidently got caught sight of a stray basketball rolling from the other team. The ball bounced on the well-polished floor before it stopped at Ayaka's feet, prompting her to pick it up. And there he was, the Ace of Honkai university team. If he remembered correctly, the guy's name was Kevin.

It was a familiar face for him since Ajax had been a regular player since last year. The two had faced off several times before, just not with Ace titles. He was seemingly quite tall with pure white hair and crystal blue eyes. With his good-looking face, no doubt girls would be falling for him left and right. Being one of the popular guys, Ajax knows the exact effect they have on girls.

The said person nodded at Ayaka as she gave him the basketball back. But it didn't stop there. For some reason, the two kept talking about something. It was long enough that Lumine from the bench also stood up and walked toward them hastily. Ajax had to bite down his tongue to surpass his laughter, 'watch out, Mister. One hot-headed pipsqueak is approaching'.

To his surprise, she smiled shyly at the man and joined the conversation. Ajax had to blink a few times to confirm if this was all real or imagination.