Chapter 12

"I'm fine enough, brother. Please just let me go see Lumi."

"She's on the way with Ajax. Don't even think about getting down from the bed, you're still feeling dizzy, aren't you?"

Lumine could the two Kamisato siblings arguing before she entered the private hospital room. She gave them two firm knocks on the door and made the entrance with a teasing grin, "am I honored that my name is the first thing you called upon waking up."

"Lumi!", Ayaka jumped down from the hospital bed despite her brother's warning.

"I heard the whole thing from Thoma. How're you doing now?", she held Lumine in a tight hug.

"Just a few bruises and a little sprain in my ankle, nothing I can't handle", she responded with a squeeze to her cheek.

Ayaka tenderly touched the bandaged places with a sad frown, "I'm sorry, Lumi ... if only I didn't-"

"Oh shush, these have nothing to do with you. We all know who is the real perpetrator", she rubbed the back of Ayaka's hands soothingly.

Ayato stood up from his seat with a scary smile, "and we will make sure they pay for it."

With a snicker, Yae put her hand under her chin, "with the evidence and witnesses on our side, even her big shot daddy won't be able to cover up this shit."

Smirking Ajax's fingers ran on his phone screen, "Minami group, was it? I'll make sure all my connections know about this malicious act."

Thoma sweat-dropped in the background, whispering, "you really don't want to mess with these three powerful figures."

The twins nodded in agreement, "I'm getting chills just from their menacing grins." "I really don't want them as my enemies."

Ayaka just giggled amusingly behind her hand.

The group was engaging in a conversation when the nurse knocked on the door, "is Miss Lumine here? Your medicine bag is ready to pick up at the counter."

"Coming!", Ajax stood up with her response so she pushed him back to the seat with a soft glare, "I'm fine already. You don't have to babysit me 24/7."

"I'm not babysit-"

"You have been on my heels all the time. I am more than okay to walk to the counter alone", she retorted annoyingly but her eyes were avoiding direct contact with his.

Yae, who caught her faint blush, smiled with interest before getting up, "I'm going to grab some coffee from the vending machine. Since it's on the same way, you don't mind me coming along, right?"

"I can get coffee for-"

Yae cut her off with a wave of her hands, "I have been sitting for hours. Let's go for a walk, shall we?"

Without waiting for her response, Yae pushed her out of the room gently, "come now, coffee is waiting~"

Aether glanced at Thoma in confusion, "did I miss something?"

The other man only shrugged, "knowing her, she probably caught a scent of something juicy?"

Ayato glanced back at Ajax, who was still staring at the door with a worried expression, and a similar foxy smile appeared on his face as well, "oh ho, I see."

"Ajax, do you mind telling me what happened after Lumine called Xiao?", he asked with a sly voice of his.

"Well, she-", Ajax stopped himself before he would blurt out the fact that she cried in his arms. If he learned something from having two sisters, it's that they hate to let many people know that they cried. He understood that it was a moment of weakness for Lumine. She has always been a strong and brave girl. In fact, he even felt honored that she trusted him enough to show this side of hers. So, he'll take this little moment to abyss if he has to.