15. Play date

7489 Words

Saturday

Zake's POV

A play date between 2 Littles can be an odd thing. Really fun to watch sometimes. But odd too. You never know what might happen when little kids get together. They might have fun watching a movie together. They might fight. They might strip naked and run around the house giggling. You never know what little kids might or might not do.

    When Tiggger was told that he was having a play date with Sam he was really happy about it. When he was told that it was going to be today, I almost couldn't get his diaper on him he was so happy. He kept moving around so much wanting to go now. That's when I thought I had made a big mistake. "If you don't quit moving around so much, I'm just going to leave you in a diaper all day. Do you want to go for breakfast and your play date in only a diaper?"

    I thought that would get him to stop moving so I could get some clothes on him. But that backfired right in my face. I think he paused for 2 seconds before he said "Yes" Then he grabbed Blacky from above his head and jumped off the changing table and ran to the front door. At least I got his diaper on him first.

    By now everyone at the academy knew that Tiggger had cat ears and a tail. Rumors were spreading like wild fire about him after the first day. Now, it's been a week and almost everyone thought they knew everything about him. But something nobody knew, except his mommy, daddies, and of corse his grandma and grandpa, was what he looked like without clothing on. He chose his name for a reason. And I guess today they all were going to find out why. I'm just glad he don't shed like most cats do. Because this boy was covered in fur. Oh we would find some after he takes a bath. But not as much as you would think. And we might have found a hair or 3 in his clothes every day. But as long as he gets a bath every day, we don't get any more then that.

    As I quickly grab his diaper bag from his bedroom and hope he didn't run out the front door. I see him bouncing at the front door waiting for me. One of his rules were "No opening the front door without permission first." We were thinking about putting a little lock on our doors that he couldn't reach. But he promised he wouldn't open the front door. He has never broken one of his promises yet. And there he stood, sorta, waiting for me to give him permission or to pick him up.

    I gave him permission to open the door and he did. But he didn't go through the door. He put his arms up so I could carry him to the cafeteria. He really didn't like walking in there. Too many people all around, and too loud for him. He could deal with one at a time. But both at the same time was really hard for him. His way of dealing with that was to be carried. He was at the same hight or taller when one of us carried him. So he didn't feel surrounded and overwhelmed as much. Hopefully one of these days he will get over that fear. But for now, none of us minded carrying everywhere we went.

    A funny thing happens when people see something new entering the cafeteria. The noise level drops very rapidly. It's like a wave starting from the doors and working it's way out from there. And when a baby tiger in nothing but a diaper and is bouncing in someone's arms singing. "Play date. Play date. I get to have a plaaaay, date." Over and over again. Well, that's something new.

    TIggger didn't even notice all the people staring at him in compleat silence. Most, I might add, had there mouths open so far that I swear some jaws were actually touching the floor.

    Then his name was called from across the room and his head turned. Everyone's head turned to see who was calling him. That's when everyone made room for this little girl to run to him. He wanted down and I put him down quickly. He ran, well more like waddled, to her. They collided in to a hug. She was able to puck him up for a moment before they both fell to the floor laughing.