46. Looking back?

4414 Words

Another page from Glenn's journal

Glenn's POV

One week. It's been one week and nothing happened. Oh, don't get me wrong. Things happened. Things like not understanding all of what was going on around me. It's not that I couldn't understand. It's that it happened to fast for me to understand. But that's not quite true. It's more like it happened to slow for me to understand. Here, let me explain that.

Most people think that little kids don't understand things. Well, I'm here to tell you, they are wrong about that. For this last week, I was a child. I got to experience life in a child's body. But I also got to experience what it's like to have a child's mind as well. And I can tell you that a child's mind works a lot faster than any adult's mind could possibly work.

Imagine recording reaching out and pressing a button that rings a bell. A red button on a child's toy. That action takes 2 seconds of time. Now take that recording and play it in slow motion. Make that recording take 2 minutes and that's how I could see it. But the opposite was also true. Something that should only take a second or two for my adult self, now could take two minutes to do. Rolling over. The simple act of rolling from my back to my tummy could take minutes instead of seconds. But the whole time that someone was watching. They would think I was moving slow even tho I thought I was moving fast.

Time means nothing to a child.

Time meant nothing to me.

After that first day I quit worrying about everything. I knew that I would be protected from everything and everyone. I knew me and my people were safe. And once that worry was gone, I tried to understand why Tiggger was the way he was. How he could know what he did. And finally, why he was willing to go small at the same time I did. Well, I found out more then I wanted to.

============================================

I had gotten the best nights sleep I have ever gotten in my live, that first day waking up as a baby. I had gone to bed with the understanding that I could no longer do anything for the next week. But my mate, my mommy, she would be taking care of everything. I trusted her to keep everyone safe while I was unable too. So all I had to focus on, was being small.

I didn't wake up in bed. I didn't wake up in a crib. I didn't even wake up in our rooms. I was changed, dressed, and being carried down a hallway when I finally woke up. At first I was startled and I jerked awake. I looked around and saw my mommy carrying me. I tried to move bud couldn't. I looked down and figured out why I couldn't move. She had swaddled me so tight I could barely move my fingers. All I could do was move my head a little and I decided not to even try to do that. I just put my head back on her chest and enjoy the ride.

When she noticed that I was finally awake she started talking to me and patting my butt. Before now I had never understood why children actually enjoyed this. But the constant patting of my butt felt really good. As she walked and patted me, it felt like I was getting a whole body massage. It was numbing everything from my toes to my head. What she was doing was relaxing every muscle in my body all at the same time. It felt amazing to me. That was the first time that "time" changed for me. I know she only did that for a couple of minutes at most. But it felt like she was doing it for hours. That is until she stopped. Then it felt like she had just started and I wanted her to keep doing it. But that wasn't going to happen. We had just entered our playroom and I was being unwrapped and sat down with the others by the toys.

That's when "time" changed for me again. A toy was put right in front of me and a red button was pushed. It rang a bell and the sound just kept going and going. At first I thought it rang for a long time. But these toys would never do that. It was a quick ding of the bell when you pushed the button. But when I pushed it a moment later, that bell lasted forever. I thought I was given some sort of drugs at first. But at I looked around, everything seemed to go back to it's normal speed. That's when I found out that if I concentrated on something, it would change the way I saw or heard what I was doing. And I laughed. Well, more like giggled. It was funny to me that I could change the way I saw or heard things.