31. Tiggger's gift

6356 Words

Zake's POV

The little ones were put in the crib in the nursery. We adults all talked about the coming of the dragons. We figured out where they were going to land in there dragon forms. And we already figured out where they were going to stay. But the first meeting and the negotiations would have to wait until Cat woke up. She was the only one that knew how to talk to the Dragons and not offend them. This was a school after all. We were not an army that could defend ourselves.

There was talk about evacuating the academy to keep everyone safe. But where would they all go in such a short time? And we were expecting others to show up too. How were we going to stop all the others from coming?

The students would come in at the beginning of the school year. However, Littles would come in all year long. Most of the time this wouldn't be a problem. But with our new guest coming, it could be a big problem. Not all Littles knew that they were Little. Most would have just found out and some could be, disruptive to say the least. But evacuation was not a real option and we all knew it.

We were trying to find other options when we heard rustling coming from the baby monitor. Me and Mary were about to get up to get the kids when we heard talking. We stopped and sat back down so they could have a little privacy while they talked.

At first we tried not to listen in on there conversation. But that stopped as soon as we heard what they were talking about.

============================================

Tiggger;
"Cat, if you could be big again, would you want to be?"

Cat;
"Yes. Well yes and no actually. It's a little more complicated now, isn't it. I mean yes I would like the choice to be big again. But I also like this family. So I would like to stay too. At the same time, it would be easier to help if I was big. But I like being your little sister too. I never had a real childhood growing up. I was always sick as a kid. And to be able to experience being a kid again. Well, it's nice."

Tiggger;
"What if you could have both?"

Cat;
"Both? As in be big and be able to stay here with the family? I would like that a lot."

Tiggger;
"No. Both, as in be big and small. You will always be part of this family now. You said so yourself."

Cat;
"Both big and small at the same time? Like James was? Like the rest of the Littles around here? I mean, that would be ok I guess. But it wouldn't be the same as actually being a little girl like I am now. I've sorta gotten used to being a little girl. Being your little sister."

Tiggger;
"But what if you could be the little girl you are now. But tomorrow you could be all grownup. And then the next day, or even a week or month later, be a little girl again. Is that something you would want? To be able to switch between the two any time you wanted?"

Cat;
"Yes. I would like that. But it's impossible. No one can shift like that. Even Dragons have a hard time shifting between there dragon form and there human form. It just takes to much magic. I know some that can shift a couple time a day. But after that, even they have to rest. And those are there natural forms. But they are Dragons. I am just a human. Humans can't shift normally. The only reason I could was because I was bound to a Dragon. And it took a lot of his magic for me to shift."

Tiggger;
"Did it hurt when you switched to this form?"

Cat;
"No. One minute I was a grownup. And the next I looked like this. But it did make me tired. Are you thinking about becoming bigger? Are you trying to find a way to get bigger?"