33. Love, Lost?

3683 Words

    Why was Tiggger crying? Well that's a very simple question. But the answer is not an easy one to answer or to understand.

    Why would anyone ever mate? It hurts. Then if one of them gets pregnant they hurt for a very long time. Then after that a baby comes out and that hurts even more. Sometimes the mommy even dies. So why bother mating if all it causes is pain?

    Up until a couple days ago this is what Tiggger thought about mating. But then his daddy called him a King. That's when a lot changed for Tiggger. Nobody knew what actually happened to him. They all knew he had more power now. They all found out that he could do at least one magic spell. And they knew that nobody could do that spell but him. But what none of then ever did was ask him about it.

    Did they not know? Did they not want to know? Did they not notice the change in him? These were all questions that were in the back of Tiggger's mine. But one possibility he didn't think about. Did they not ask because they wanted him to have his privacy? Were they waiting for him to say something first?

============================================

    "He's crying and I don't know why. I had just gotten done changing him and then he started crying. Cat, do you know anything about what might be happening to him?" Tiggger was completely limp in his daddies arms. We tried giving him Blacky, but he wouldn't even take her. For the next hour everyone tried to get him to speak, to tell them what was wrong. But all he did was silently cry.

    Eventually, after being passed around to everybody, he got away from there arms. He moved to the side of the room and sat there. He was trying to calm down and figure out why he was so sad. At some point he's daddy put Blacky down right in from of him hoping that he would pick her up.

    Nobody knew why he was still crying until Mary spoke up. She asked Tiggger if he had heard the conversation between her and Cat while he was being changed. That finally got a response from him. Blacky was sitting right in front of him and he grabbed her and hugged her tight. Then he nodded.

    Everyone was now looking at ether Cat or Mary wanting to know what was going on. And so, Mary explained there conversation. Right off Tyler and Tim thought he was sad because he wanted a mate. James thought it was because Tiggger thought of Cat as a weaker dragon. Zake, Mary, and Cat thought it was that Tiggger thought of Cat as a little sister. But once again none of them knew the real reason he was so upset.

    They were talking and debating what they thought. But just like before, they didn't ask him. This was a family of problem solvers and they thought they could solve the problem. They got so wrapped up in there talks that they didn't even notice Tiggger getting up and walking out the door. Or at least that's what he thought.

    Cat was watching everyone arguing when he got up an left the room. She kept trying to get Mary's attention to let her know what was happening. But the moment the door shut she got so frustrated with Mary she screamed up to her. "Mary....." That is as far as she got before Mary picked her up and put her hand over Cat's mouth.

    Tim, Tyler, and James got louder as Zake grabbed his tablet and kept tracking Tiggger. He showed Cat and Mary the screen so they could see exactly were Tiggger was. When he was far enough away that there was no way for him to hear, Mary took her hand away from Cat's mouth. The boys went silent and waited. What Cat didn't know was during there conversation, or debate, about what they thought was wrong with Tiggger, they had passed a message to each other. A simple message to ignore what Tiggger did. Nobody except Zake knew what was going on at this point. He was the first to send the message.

    Cat was the first to speak. "WHY IN THE HELL DID YOU ALL JUST DO THAT TO TIGGGER?" She screamed at the top of her lungs. Everyone winced at her loud voice. Nobody said a word, they all just stared at her. Then Zake broke the silence.