Chapter 3: Threat

The Next Day

"I can't believe he accepted it without any objections". Flagon rubbed his chin. "Then we'll proceed with the next step". Erwin picked up the document and ready to go to Trost capital.

After the carriage stopped right in front of him, Erwin ordered Mike to replace the rider. In return, the lucky guy received twice of his salary and goes away.

"Flagon, I'll see you there.Goodluck with your task". Flagon nodded and immediately covered up his cloak before mixing himself with with citizens there. The wagon started to move and Erwin couldn't stop thinking about Levi. Although he still knows nothing about him but he's actually excited to start talking with him. At least their first conversation will always be 'What's your name' or perhaps 'You're so talented in ODM gear I wish you could teach me how to use it'.

Erwin sighed. More importantly, he needs to deal with Lobov first. Erwin does got a hunch that Lobov might have something hide in his sleeve after he noticed the different person showed up right in front of him.

The wagon stopped and the door's opened. An average man came inside the wagon followed by one of his right hand man. Judging from the colour of the cloak Erwin knew that it was Flagon. His first gamble succeded. This has shown that Lobov has many guard around him but he has problem in memorizing their names and faces.

Lobov turned silence as his eyes widened. This isn't commander Shadis. "What's the meaning of all this? Who are you young man"?He tried to calm himself. "I'm Erwin Smith. The squad leader of the survey corp. My apology for this sudden changes but unfortunately commander Shadis had another meeting to attend so he entrusted me to replace him. I'm looking forward to cooperate with you sir".

The two of them shook hands before Lobov starts talking. "I have a plan to buy the entire land of Underground district in Trost". He spoke while lit up his cigarette.

"I've heard about it from commander Shadis. The above ground of Trost was already in your hand. With the help from Dimo Reeves, the leader of successful Reeves company, who provides facilities, foods and shelters towards the citizen of the three walls, Maria, Rose and Sina, you managed to become the baron of Trost. If your plan succeeds, then the probability for you to be the ruler of Trost district is high. I guess that's what you're aiming for I suppose"?

Lobov stopped his movement after he heard Erwin's words. He knows a lot about his upcoming plans and that's a surprise to this baron. Erwin still looks calm and composed as always. His face looked stern and tight but nobody knows that he's actually preparing the triumph cards in his mind and of course, that'll be depends on Lobov's answers.

"I'm quite surprised for a young man like you who connect pieces of my plan easily, you're smart". Flagon eyed him and back to Erwin. "That's right. That's actually half of my entire plan". Erwin silently gasped in his mind. He thought to conquer the economy of Trost might be his only motive to buy Underground district. His eyebrows knitted together. "What could that be sir"? Lobov smirked. "The underground district's actually full of excellent and talented thugs that I think I would like to let them join me as right hand men".

Erwin's eyes widened followed by Flagon meanwhile Lobov still have that smirk on his face while looking at him.' He knows? The word 'them' might referred to the same persons as us'. Erwin started to sweat. "Yes, the most talented thugs that ever existed in the underground district, who's also known as the king of thug and very skillful in using the Manuvear gear--He's Levi Ackerman with his two friends, Farlan Church and Isabel Magnolia".

Flagon gasped but immediately composed himself to not let Lobov noticed about his current uncomfortable body posture.Unlike him, Erwin's the most bothered person and his face was very serious. 'Erwin, what are you gonna do now'? Flagon thought while glancing at Erwin's troubled face.