Chapter 16: Fear Resistance

That Night at Mess Hall

Third POV

"What's taking him so long?Could it be his shit won't come out?The tea gets cold". It's half an hour passed and yet Erwin didn't come yet which makes Levi questioned about his whereabouts. Not to mention the peppermint tea slowly lose its warm. That won't last long until Levi saw a hand grabbing the cup and sipped tea shamelessly.

"Oii that isn't for you bastard. Who the fuck you think you're messing with"? Levi clenched his fist in anger but Hange's answer caught him off guard and managed to calm him down. "I was saving your tea Levi. Didn't Erwin tells you that he has meeting with commander Shadis and other squad leaders"?Levi gasped. Erwin did tell him this evening about the meeting and yet Levi's excitement took over his mind and totally forgot about it. "I see". His bangs covered his eyes but Hange knew he was actually a bit of disappointed on himself.

"Now calm down Levi. It's not like Erwin doesn't want to taste your peppermint tea. Anyway, you're right about this new flavour.It tasted delicious and windy.Oh gosh! I'm starting to have crush on peppermint leaves.You're a definitely good in preparing tea.It wasn't too sweet and not too bitter either. Perfect measurement". Hange commented while closing her eyes savouring every last drop of tea remained in the cup.

Levi understood about Hange's position isn't categorized as one of the squad leaders as Erwin so that's the reason she didn't joined the meeting with commander tonight.That also means Moblit and Nanaba should be here as well but they're nowhere to find.

"Where are the other two"?Levi asked. "Ohh you mean Moblit? He's in my lab of course. I ordered him to read and jot down his own hypothesis based on some notes I provided about titan's weaknesses.He's good in analyzing points so I'll leave that matters to him while I did my research in gaining new informations from them. As for Nanaba, I think she's in her room sleeping already. I don't know! Ask Mike".Hange replied while munching cookies but Levi gave no response. His thoughts were wondering somewhere else. Perhaps this is the right time for Levi to ask Hange about Erwin. He'd listened to Moblit and Mike's explanation about Erwin's background and personality. So let's hear it from shitty glasses.

"I want to ask something". Hange stopped and looked at Levi.Her brows knitted together as signaled to let him continues. "Tch... Tell me four eyes.Does Erwin always being this soft to everyone"?Both of them were silenced while letting the voice of the other scouts chatting covered the mess hall. "What do you mean"?Levi sweated.How did he supposed to ask this kind of question to Hange?This girl's insane and now he was expecting her to give opinion about Erwin?Levi would probably being her test subject next time.

"It's Erwin.Does he always being gentle and soft towards everyone?The first time we met...In the Underground district.He's so cold and strict.It gives me goosebumps that made me feel like to kill this guy right here and now.Judging from his reaction before...He doesn't seem to have interest on me.I mean...You know...Tch..How can I say this...The genuine feelings to know me sincerely.He only once saw me as a tool".Hange's jaw dropped."I'm listening.Please continue". Her spectacles shines and covered her eyes as she fidgeted her fingers while hiding her smirk behind those hand.Levi saw this and glared at her before continuing his story.

"That's when I thought he's a cold and evil bastard.Until the moment Farlan and Isabel died".Levi almost pouted but he realized he was in front of his bully so he better keeps his face stoic like usual.The complete opposite for Hange as her face slowly turned to look at Levi in sympathy.

"The day when I realized that I was being toyed by Erwin's big brain...I was blinded by rage.I even attempted to kill him instantly but thankfully...Mike stopped me and we managed to negotiate for a while before I goes on rampage at Erwin again causing his neck to bleed a little and yet... He didn't even flinched at me. Instead...He grabbed the blade with bare handed and gripped it until his own palm bleeds. His icy blue eyes tells me to not lose hope and don't even think to look at their corpse or else it'll reminds me of decision that I chose and I'll regret it for the rest of my life".Levi shut his eyes closed trying to cast the images of Farlan and Isabel's corpses away.