Chapter 14: Hange Zoe

Third POV

"So tell me Levi...Why are you being so obedient now"?Mike said while swiftly attacking Levi from behind using his wooden dagger but unluckily, Levi noticed that and jumped quite a distance from him.

"Tch since I gotta beat the shit out of you two times"!Levi charged towards Mike to kick his leg making the man stumbles to ground and it succeeded. Mike was now trying to gain his composure but Levi's too fast for that. He grabbed Mike's shirt and immediately slammed him to ground resulting Mike to land harshly on his back. Levi's wooden dagger was now placed at Mike's neck as threat signaling he lost the battle.

"Never start conversations with enemies idiot". Mike smirked at Levi's statement. "Are you providing tips or mocking me"?He grabbed Levi's palm as the short raven haired man helped him back on his feet. Mike tapped lightly the dust which visible on his pants and Jacket.

"That's a nice move.Never know you've original talent in combat fighting.I must admit that I underestimate your height and weight. You're skillful. Size doesn't matter as long as you know the tricks and defense then it'll surely a success".Levi heard this and hummed in satisfaction.

"Those piggies just know how to judge someone without thinking they're actually meet them for the first time. I would rather say titans are better than those brats".Levi replied while passing his wooden dagger to Mike.The training ground's empty except the two of them and this made Levi questioned about others.Today's Friday and it wasn't an off day for the scouts so where are they?Levi doubted.

"Oiii Mike. I don't see anyone else training other than the two of us".Levi glared at him. "Ahhh the scout's now training at vertical manuvear ground 2.It's the ODM gear training under commander Shadis".Levi gasped.That's right, he almost forgot about that man. He's the commander of the survey corp.Should he goes and meet him for once in a lifetime?What to chat and what to do to him?Just salute,hands down then walk away?Do scouts really did that to each other everyday?How boring.

Mike noticed Levi's zoning out and called him. "Wanna go there and join them"?Levi saw Mike smiled at him and immediately thought of Erwin smiling at him. 'They do have the same sincere smile'. Levi's eyes sparkled.Now that he think about it why were Erwin and Mike really close?Are they siblings?Best friends?Or perhaps lovers?Levi shook his head but immediately stopped as he caught Mike was staring at him. "If you have something in mind then just tell me.I'm good in keeping secret".

Levi thought about it twice and decided to ask Mike about his relationship with Erwin."What's Erwin to you"?Mike blinked in surprise. "Pardon"?Levi sighed.He really hates repeating the same thing but to confirm this kind of 'necessary' information to himself he must repeat it. "Erwin.The two of you are so close.What's he to you"? Both of them were silenced.

"He's my childhood best friend.I knew his father since small because we learned in same school.His father's a teacher".Now that's new to Levi. He's glad he asked him about Erwin.Now that Levi knows a little about him already, it's better to ask Mike for his further details.

"Teacher"? Mike nodded."History teacher.After that,we joined trainee regiment together and stayed there for one year.We learned the basic of ODM gear ,hand-weapon combat and written test".Trainee regiment?Levi cocked up his brows.He didn't heard that before.No...They don't even enter those regiment at first place. It does existed?

"What's trainee"? He asked. "Trainee is the first regiment for people who wanted to join the main military branches such as Survey Corp, Garrison regiment and Military police.All of them must enter trainee phase for one year and after they graduated then they're allowed to choose one of those main branches".Mike saw Levi's empty expression and immediately understand what he was thinking.