Chapter 12: Hand to Hand Combat

Third POV

That Night

"Dinner's ready! It's been so long since the scouts served us fruit.I feel like dying from lacking of vitamins".Hange cried. She took an apple then munch it in greed. "One is enough.Leave the others for us too".Moblit snatched the plate away from her but it's no use.Looks like the other three peoples are going to starve all night. Mike and Erwin only stared at both of them.

"How's the report?Have you send it"?Mike nodded and replied. "Commander's too busy in his office finishing a pile of paper on his desk.I guess those need his signature".Mike's answer made Erwin exhaled in relieve since he never sees commander Shadis goes out from his room after the end of expedition before. Too many thoughts came across Erwin's mind and one of them is 'Does all the curse words really affect him'?Erwin tried to imagine the consequences of being commander.If he does being put in Shadis's shoes then he might have cried from all of mental tortures."I see.I hope commander's fine".

Suddenly Erwin noticed something.No,someone's absence caught his eyes. Levi's not here.Does he not feels hungry at all?Or he just too shy to join them?"Hey Erwin! Where's Levi?Tell him to join us too!I'm willing to sacrifice my one apple only for him I swear"! Hange's eyes sparkled as the other three of them chuckled. From the corner of Mike's eyes he spotted a shadow behind the mess hall's entrance.He sniffed the scent of people behind the door then smirked. "I guess he's just too shy to come here".He stated calmly. This alerted Erwin since he's Mike's closest friend for a long time he already used to every of his body and psychological  language from him.

"Levi, I know you're there.Come here let's join us".Erwin smiled after noticing half of Levi's face slowly revealed behind the door. He slowly walked towards them and sat beside Erwin. "I'll go add more fruit.Suit yourself Levi".Mike nodded at him before stood up heading to the kitchen. "Coffee or tea"?Levi glanced at him and replied 'tea' so Erwin poured down warm tea into one of the cup in front of him and passed it to Levi.

The whole table was silenced as they noticed the way Levi holds his tea cup in different way. He was holding it by grabbing the cup from the top and not by the rim. Levi just sipped the tea peacefully until he finally realized how quiet his surrounding was. "What"? Erwin kept his mouth shut and let Hange takes over the conversation. "Is that the common way you hold your own tea cup"?Hange asked."Yeah". Levi's really bad in starting chats with other peoples. It does takes time for him to suit himself with new environment and new peoples except Erwin.He already spent half of the day with him and as a result, Erwin is the one he could only speak comfortably.However, Levi could see the sparks and similarities between Hange and Isabel.His eyes glimmered.'They're both happy go lucky and energatic'.Could this be a gift from god to replace the death of her?

Mike came back placing bowls that contained new fresh fruits on the table. "Thanks Mike". Erwin smiled at him receiving nodded from the mustach guy. "Why didn't you hold it by the rim here"?Hange pointed at the side of tea cup. Erwin and the others were also interested  in learning about Levi's new lifestyle. "I just can't or else it broke".Levi replied calmly while sipping his tea. His answer automatically made them questioned Levi's strength.Is he that strong even one of his soft touch at the rim could destroy the whole tea cup? Levi sensed Erwin's gazing him from the side.

"Show me". Hange, Moblit and Mike looked at Erwin in shocked.Even Levi was questioning and doubting the blondie's mind. "Oii eyebrows.You do realize you're requesting one death shit from that old man, right"? Levi glared at him. "Erwin are you serious?What if commander hears the noise"? Moblit whispered worriedly. "Yeah not to mention the other soldiers are also here.We're not the only one".Mike added. "Awww come on! This would be pretty fun though!I want to see it too..It's for evidence"!Hange flashed them puppy eyes making everyone desperately sighed before gave in.