Chapter 11: Grief, Sadness and Sorrow

Erwin's POV

We finally reached Survey corp's headquarter.Everyone felt really tired and exhausted.Not because of the expedition and accidents that happened earlier but also the citizens of wall Maria were all toxic.They keep blaming us for sending soldiers' life away.They do noticed the slight change amount of troops before and after the expedition. With injuries that obviously shown on our face it's no use to debate with them anymore.The worse is at commander Shadis.He'll takes every blame and curse alone.That's truly a burden for being commander.Me?I'm only a squad leader.It's not as terrible as commander though.

I was now in my office.I sat on the couch resting my head while looking up at the lamp above me.What's Levi doing right now?Is he alright staying alone in his room?
-----------------------------------------

Flashback

Third POV

"Aaahh it's always the same"...
"There they go again"...
"Only these much managed to survive in hell?Pathetic"...
"I wish I tell my son sooner to not join the scouts and choose military police instead".
"Look at him.That's Shadis.The commander of the survey corp"...
"Is he really that old?He doesn't suit to be commander".
"He just leading everyone into titans' mouth"...

No reaction came from the scouts as they just walked pass through the citizens heading to their headquarters. This kind of mental torture does really affected the troops.Even the commander started to lose his composure bearing curse words that've been thrown at him.Erwin just stayed quiet and sternly looked forward.It's the first time Levi witnessed this kind of situation in his entire life.He does secretly peek at Erwin who showed no sign of depression but somehow Levi could interpreted his eyes. He's tired but just ignored and shrugged it off.

They finally reached headquarters as everyone searched for safety kit and bandages while some of them heading to their barrack to rest.Erwin dismounted his horse and lead him to the stables.Levi saw this and started to follow him and Erwin do noticed him from front.

"Good boy.You've fought hard today Max.Take a rest".Erwin patted his horse and closed the gate leaving Levi who still staring at him with his horse."Ahh, sorry.I forgot about your horse.Let him in".He stated and opened it back.Levi just 'Tch' and let his horse played with Maximilian. That's when Levi saw Erwin smiled again.

"Oiii, what're you smiling about"?Erwin heard the annoyance in Levi's voice and chuckled."It's nothing.I just thought how cute they are together.Even after a long day going through hell,I can't believe they can still play with each other like nothing happened.I wish I was a horse".Levi blinked at Erwin.What's with this guy?Is he nuts?"Alright Levi...I'm going up to my office now.Before I forget, I've discussed with commander Shadis about your daily activities in here.I believe you're the only one left in your room"?Erwin didn't want to mention about their deaths again so he just stopped it there leaving Levi deep in thought about his next activity."Yeah...I guess so"...Bangs covered his eyes as he sighed. "Do you want to stay in same room as other soldiers?I'm sure they would like to know more about you".Erwin smiled at him.

Levi was about to say he wants to share room with Erwin but look at him...He's just a recruit.He has no right to share a room with squad leaders.Talking about troops he knows...None of them knows about him and Levi's sure they're all scared of him to death.Levi knows no one wants to be in the same room as him.He's all alone now."Tch...No.I'll stay".Erwin nodded. "Have a rest.I'll explain everything about survey corp's activities tomorrow morning.Meet me at mess hall".Levi was about to walk away but suddenly stopped."About earlier"...Erwin glanced at him."Ahh don't worry about that.The citizens of wall Maria are always like that.They'll never understand the duty of scouts.They wont listen to us either so...Just ignore them".Erwin chuckled.