Chapter Six

Day of Ceremony

Kyna

I wake up sprawled across Trae's muscular bare chest and freak out because I have no recollection of the night before, all I remember is that I was at a bar drinking. Having a blasted headache from the depths of Seevatu itself was not making anything any better either.

I try to extricate myself from Traeger's deliciously nude body. Fucking mind won't get out of the gutter this morning, dammit Kyna, hurry and get up. I move to get up but Trae groans and rolls over, something hard and thick slapping up against my belly. My eyes widen and I look down to see his hard cock against my bare flesh, marveling at the contrast of skin difference, the dark brown circumcision scar beneath his head contrasting against my pale skin.

Reminding myself that I need to get my ass up and leave this filthy humans apartment. I jump out of the bed, yelping at the sharp stabbing pain in my thigh, looking down I see a manilla wrap wrapped tightly around my left thigh.

"What exactly happened last night?" I whisper to myself limping to the door then realize that I'm about to go outside completely nude. I look around for something to wear, I spot one of his shirts and a pair of his jeans. Growling to myself I walk over to them and swiftly put them on, then walk out into the early morning sun and start my trek home.

Jess

I try to call Kyna for the sixth time since I've gotten up, all I get is her voicemail. Again. "Hey it's Kyna if I wasn't able to take your call I'll call you back as soon as I can," her voicemail says in a cheery voice and I hang up. Looking out my window I see her limping her way to her house and I rush downstairs and put the house, shutting the door as silently as I can, I run to her and start badgering her with nonstop questions.

"Where were you last night? Where have you been? Are you hurt? Did you get picked up by someone? Did you shift and fuck people up?" I run out of breath then take a deep inhalation of breath and stop and sniff again, smelling human on her. She holds up a hand silencing me before I could ask any more.

"Before I answer any of those, first I need a shower, food preferably something bloody and raw, and coffee to get this blasted headache to go away," she tells me bearing her teeth in a menacing snarl with a dangerous glint in her eyes, and I decide it best not to ask her anything else.

We go inside and she raids her fridge and pulls out a raw venison steak then starts to devour it ravenously. After she's done she wipes her mouth and licks her hands clean then gets some coffee ready. She starts to head upstairs when her dad comes down and tells her that she looks like hammered werewolf shit and chuckles when she flips him the bird.

"Morning Jessika," Mr. Zikler smiles at me and I return the smile.

"Morning Mr. Zikler," I reply, hopping onto a bar stool beside the kitchen island and start scrolling through social media and texting friends.

After thirty minutes and Mr. Zikler leaving for work Kyna walks downstairs, her hair and skin shiny with water, she's dressed in pink slacks and a baggy gray tank top.

"Now to answer your questions I'll need coffee and three of the most powerful headache killers that we have," she says pouring her a cup of black coffee then takes a swig and sighs in contented ecstasy.

"I recognized a scent of a certain human on you, did you and him make a little rendezvous?" I ask suggestively, making her roll her eyes.

"No. I don't know what happened last night, but I woke up in his bed beside him," she tells me straight-faced.

"What do you remember last?" I inquire raising a brow.

"All I remember is that I was at a bar having a drink," she responds with an eye roll.