Chapter Eight

Cynthia

As we come up to the front door he quickly steps forward and to the side opening the door for me. With a graceful nod I walk inside and wait for him as he holds the door for a few of my housemates who look at him a giggle.

"Looks like you're gonna be popular around here in no time holding the door like that," I tell him smiling as his cheeks take on a light red tint. "Anyway c'mon, we can go to the theatre room," I say grabbing his arm and leading the way to the theatre room.

"Ok then..." He mutters and I roll my eyes as we pass rooms of my housemates. When we stop at a door labeled 'Theatre Room: Please keep noise to a minimum' I start to explain to him what this room is.

"The theatre room is, well a theatre room where we watch movies and stuff and after the movies are done we exit and go to bed, but since this is a special occasion I told my housemates that we'd be using it for the day and most of the night. I also told them that they're free to come and watch with us if they like," I tell him watching him roll his eyes and sigh. "What?"

"Nothing, just is your housemates gonna run in and out all day and night?"

"Well do you want to have it all to ourselves?" I ask snappiness in my tone.

"Er... Well..." He struggles to get out and I smirk.

"Thought so," I say giggling push the door open and walk in.

Traeger

Following her into the theatre room, I'm surrounded by total darkness when the screen comes to life showing the opening credits to The Hills Have Eyes Directors Cut. She leads me to some seats in the back and we sit, her beside me.

About halfway through the movie I have to piss, so I ask her where the bathroom is, after she gives my directions to the bathroom. I quietly slip out of the door and make my way to said bathroom. On the way there I hear faint sobbing coming from the room right after the bathroom, deciding to check it out after I piss. After washing and drying my hands I walk out and start walking to the room where the crying is coming from.

I knock and the crying stops and a female voice says, "who is it?" And I contemplate what to tell her and settle on the truth.

"I'm... uh... one of Cynthia's friends that got invited here, and I just so happened to go to the bathroom and I... uh... hear-heard you so I wanted to check on you and make sure everything's okay," I tell her through the door.

There's a brief silence then she says, "yea-yeah... Yes yes everything is okay..."

"Are you sure? If you ever need to talk I'm here," I say and after no response I walk off. About halfway down the hall I hear a voice say hey you, looking back I see half a face staring at me with a deep blue eye and she waves me over to her. Walking back to her she steps back and opens the door wider allowing me in.

Walking in is like walking into a rave cave, quite literally. There's red, purple, blue, green, and yellow lights hung up on each wall giving the room a punk rock vibe. She takes a small remote from her night stand and changes the colors to a straight bright green, giving her hair a sheen of green on pitch black.

"So...? Uh... I'm Traeger, most people call me Trae..." I say awkwardly looking around nervously at the decor. The walls are draped in lights, throws depicting elven creatures in crowns and throws beautifully painted with the figures in intimate positions, there's a king sized bed in the far right corner of the room, and across the bed are a shit ton of pillows and stuffies and the comforter is a massive red dragon from what I can see.

To my surprise she takes three long strides over to me and embraces me in a tight hug burying her head in my left shoulder and starts balling. Not knowing what to do I stand there awkwardly arms up above her arms, then something in me clicks and I slowly lower my arms and put them around her back hugging her loosely. After a long moment she pulls away and steps back looking at me with mismatched eyes, one deep blue and the other I can't quite make out but it looks like it's light brown.