Chapter 4

While coming back from her chamber Ashar had different thoughts clouding his mind. He felt a little guilty doing this to her but shaking his head he put that thought away.

He went inside his chamber and the architecture caught his attention. It was beautiful. Hindustan was a true masterpiece and it's architecture was famous all over the world.

The ceiling was carved with different designs and the walls had paintings depicting their culture.

He though that when Meera will go with him to kabul he will make call hindustani architects to design similar patterns on their chamber's walls so she does not miss home too much.

That's the least he can do to make her feel home. With these thoughts he layed on the bed and slowly fell asleep.

..................................

Meera was sitting in her room in deep thoughts

Meera was sitting in her room in deep thoughts. Ashar's words coming back to her mind. His county is really powerful. And with her brother not being home, it would be impossible for her old father to fight.

Maybe marrying him will not be as bad as she thinks. But they way he talked to her really pissed her off. She was a warrior and didn't like to bow down infront of anyone. But maybe she has to for her country.

Her thoughts were confusing her. It frustrated her and angry tears burned her eyes.

"MEERA what happened. Why are you crying. Who did this."

Niharika asked as she saw her watery eyes. She blinked her eyes and tried not to let her tears fall on her cheeks.

"Hey hey it's ok. Tell me what happened and why are you crying"

"Ashar came here...and he warned me that....if I don't give my consent for the marriage he will destroy our empire.."

She spoke with her hoarse voice trying to control her emotions. Niharika came and hugged her tightly.

"Toh tumne kya kaha. Tum nahi karogi na unse shadi."

(So what did you say. You aren't going to marry him right)

Niharika asked her.

"I didn't say anything. Just told him to get out. But tomorrow I have to agree or else there would be a war.

She said as she recalled what he said. His cruel words made her sacred for her family and her empire.

"Meera how can you marry him. He is from another country and that too is very far away from here."

Meera grew frustrated at this question. She knew people will not accept an outsider as their queen. But that was her least concern right now.

She just didn't want to marry him especially after she saw how he behaved with her just some hours ago.