Chapter 7

Meera woke up in the morning hearing the commotion in her chamber. It was beautifully decorated and the ladies were moving here and there.

Her eyes went towards her mehendi and it was dark. She ignored the pinch in her heart and decided to get up.

She got up from the bed opening the curtains and saw niharika telling the attendents what to do.

"Arey Meera uth gayi tum. Chalo jaldi se Jake snan kar lo. Der nahi honi chahiye"

(Oh Meera you are awake. Go take a bath quickly)

She nodded at her words and went inside the bathing chamber.

She quietly sat in the tub. The attendants helped her bathe. They used all sorts of scents and applied cream on her body.

It was her wedding ofcourse she has to smell good.

They washed her hair with Jasmine scented water. After completing the bath she stepped out of the tub and after drying herself came outside the bathing chamber to get ready.

The ladies brought all sorts of jewellery and ornaments with huge and beautiful lehengas.

.....................

Meera selected a beautiful and massive red lehenga. The childhood dream of dressing up like a bride was finally coming true.

She was feeling vulnerable since she woke up. She felt anxious and scared at the fact that she was going far away from her home. A place where she had lived her entire life in.

Ashar was way much older than her. Almost a decade older and she didn't know if he would understand her feelings.

Kabul....it was so far away. It takes almost a month to reach there and she knows nothing about the culture. "Will people accept me as their queen. I am from a different culture, I don't think they will accept me." All these thoughts clouded her mind.

Niharika shook her getting her out of her thoughts.

"Tum ro rahi ho Meera?"

(Are you crying Meera?)

She touched her cheeks only to realise that she was really crying.

"Nahi bas aise he......"

(No.... I just)

"Aao chalo tumhe tyaar karte hain"

(Come now let's get you ready)