Chapter 17

Ashar started walking towards where they stood with no expressions on his face. He came forward as he stood right next to her and wrapped his arm around her waist.

"Assalamualaikum Ashar"

Nadeem greeted him but he gave him a cold glare. Giving into the formality he greeted back.

"Walaikum assalam, kafi salon ke baad tashreef laye ho Nadeem. Hame toh laga tha ki thori sharam bachi hogi tumhare andar"

(You have shown your face after years Nadeem. I thought some shame was left inside you)

He spoke as his jaw clenched. She saw Nadeem clenching his fisted hands.

Meera held his hand to calm him down. Now that she had been how they talk she knew something serious had happened.

(You-)

"Arey Meera tum yahan ho. Hum tumhe kab se dhoondh rahe they"

(Meera you are here. I was looking for you everywhere)

Kareem said as she came forward with little Maryam clinging onto her. Meera smiled at her as she stood beside her. Kareem looked between the two of them and looked at meera nervously.

"Chalo Meera ammi bula rahin hain"

(Let's go Meera. Ammi is calling us)

She nodded as she looked at ashar, he nodded as she slowly went away. While walking dhe looked back and saw both of them standing close while glaring at each other.

As Meera and Kareem went away, Ashar stepped forward and spoke with authority.

"Parayi aurton pe nazar dalni ki aadat tumahari gyi nahi abhi tak."

(You still have a habit of preying on taken women.)

Nadeem just chuckled shaking his head as he took one step towards Ashar.

"Jab apne he daga kar jaye toh parayon ke saath haath Milana pdhta hai Ashar"

(When close ones choose to betray you, you have to join hamd with the enemy Ashar)

Ashar clenched his jaw as he spoke with his hard voice.

"Stay away form my wife"

Giving him a hard glare he went away. Nadeem closed his eyes and took a long breadth to ease his mind.

....................................

The mehfil ended and everybody moved towards their respective chambers. Meera and kareem were walking together with Maryam slumped on meera's shoulder.

"Hume toh aaj tak samaj nahi aaya ki Ashar aur Nadeem ke beach aisa kya hua jo ab vo ek dusre ka muh Tak dekhna pasand nahi karte."

(Till today I don't know what went down between Ashar and Nadeem, that they now despise to even see each other's faces)

She just patted Maryam's head lightly. She had never seen ashar that angry before. It looked like he would kill him that moment.

Reaching her chamber she forwarded her arms to take Maryam in her arms but she tightly fisted my dupatta.

"Let it be baaji. I will take her with me today"

"Ok. Just come to me if she troubles you"

"Okay"

Saying this kareem went away while meera moved back towards her chamber. Laying maryam on the bed she covered her with the comforter and moved towards the dressing area.

Removing all the jewelry she went to the balcony. The weather looked bad. The whole sky was covered with dark clouds. Suddenly there was a huge strike of light followed by a loud noise.

Listening to the loud noise Maryam woke up and started crying. She quickly moved back to the bed and picked her up and tried calming her down.

She moved around the chamber with the little baby clutching her clothes as she kept her head on her shoulder. Patting her bum she tried to make her stop crying.

Meera could still here her light sniffing voice as she walked around.

The door opened as ashar walked inside. He came towards them standing infront of her he towered over her frame.

Maryam sniffed and his gaze shifted to the little baby. He gently took her in his arms. She looked at him with big doe eyes as her sniffing stopped.

Without saying anything he took her to bed and made her sleep. Meera sat on the dewan waiting for him.

He came back after a few minutes and sat beside me. As he got comfortable on the dewan dhr took in his appearance. He was still wearing his over coat and the crown.

"Meera hamara Taj utharengi?"

(Can you remove my crown)

He spoke with his eyes still closed. Shrp moved forward and touched the crown in order to remove it. She lifted it up and got up to keep it in it's place. It was really heavy.

His head must be hurting with the weight and wearing it the whole day.

When she came back shr saw his overcoat lying on the armrest as he sat there while manspreading. His body was a hard task to ignore.

As she sat beside him he moved around and layed down with his head on her lap. Moving her hands forward she started playing with his thick locks.

He closed his eyes and placed his arm above them. They sat there for sometime. As she was about to get up and wake him up he spoke.

"Nadeem se duur rahiyega Meera."

(Stay away from Nadeem Meera)

She looked at him as he got up and sat straight. Nodding her head shr got up and moved towards the bed. But before dhr could step forward he held her wrist and pulled her on his lap.

"Ashar-"

"Shh. Do you know how beautiful you are looking today?

She looked down as his other hand went up to her hair bun and removed the clip holding it together. Her hair moved all over her face as cold wind moved inside the chamber and it started raining outside.

He removed the hair strand from her face as he looked deep into her eyes.

His hand which opened my hair bun now moved towards the string of her blouse.

She looked at him with slightly widened eyes and before she could say anything he smashed his lips on hers.

...

Thank you all for being patient.

Vote and comment.