Chapter 24

"Rasul!" The queen mother's voice rang loudly in the whole chamber as his aunt flinched and looked at her. Ashar closed his eyes, he can't show emotions on his face, nobody should know what he feels for Meera and definitely not the reason she is in her maternal house.

"What? I'm just looking out for him"

"Koi zaroorat nahi hai"

(No need for it)

"And you" she looked at Ashar "are you not going to say a word to your aunt ashar. What is wrong with you. Since the past week I am tolerating this behaviour of yours but not anymore. I want my daughter back in this house"

She said each word clearly for hin but he gave her a blank look. That didn't stop her from continuing.

"And you rasul, this is the last time I'm hearing you talk about a second marriage. Meera was and is his only wife. And if he being her husband cannot bring her back, I will"

"Aap Aisa kuch nahi karengi ammi"

(You will not do anything mother)

"And who will stop me?" She said back with the same tone he used for her. Ashar looked back at her with burning eyes. He had no energy to deal with this right now.

"I will and you if try anything I told you not to do, you will not like the consequences" he saw as her expressions turned sad and he cursed him inside his head. Great first he hurt his wife and now his mother.

Looking away from her he rushed out of the harem in a hurry.

................................

"What!" Both Meera and niharika turned their head towards the person who spoke. Mehrunissa stood there with widened eyes and with a hand on her mouth.

Meera's expressions changed as she could feel her eyes burning. She needed her husband right now. Their child needed him.

Mehrunissa came towards the bed and sat down beside her. She forwarded her hand out to touch her hand.

"Meera" her eyes met with her teary ones as she caressed her hands as if trying to soothe her pain.

"I don't.....can't " Meera felt at a loss of words. What could she even say now? What was she supposed to say?

"Please don't tell Bhai" she held her hands looking at her with begging eyes. Mehrunissa nodded her head while looking at her with pity in her eyes.

She can't even imagine being in her shoes.

"I'll not tell anyone but as the time will go by he will come to know the truth." She saw as meera looked away as the tears unconsciously fell from her eyes.

"I'll go now, take care and eat well" saying so she moved out as Niharika sat beside her hugging her tightly.

"What am I going to do now niharika?" She said and bursted our crying. Niharika hugged her while swaying her around trying to calm her.

"Shh, we will find a way." She didn't know if they ever will but just to calm her down she said whatever came into her mind.

....................................

A month passed by and meera was going restless. Her family didn't know about her being pregnant and neither she had the courage to tell them. Her brother would go mad at her. Although there was nothing wrong but she saw how angry he got with her husband.

Niharika was in her father's, (the chief commander of the empire) chamber. Her parents had told her to come there and her mother had made sure she dressed up properly and wore some heavy jewelry.

Since the last two months she was going crazy. She missed Arham so much, before coming here she was so excited to tell her parents about him but now there was no point.

"Niharika, come" her mother came inside and asked her to follow behind. She frowned looking at her smiling face.

Why was she smiling so much?

They walked to the common room and she could see the vice commander, a very old friend of her father sitting there with his wife and son.

She felt her heart beat going fast at her thoughts. It couldn't be. No, never.

"Niharika beta come here" her father called her as she quietly sat down beside her mother.

"Niharika this is rajendra, my friend's son. We are here to tell you both that we have arranged your marriage. Pandit ji told us that 17th of the next month will be the best day."

Niharika felt her body freeze and her eyes burning with tears. This could not happen, she didn't know if Arham would ever come back or not but she will never marry another man. She didn't want to destroy someone else's life because of her feelings.

She decided to talk to her mother later in the evening. Both her father and his friend shook hands as they confirmed the date for their marriage, unknown about her feelings.

...................................

"Maa" niharika said as her mother entered in the room. Her mother looked at her with a smile and hugged her tightly.

"I am so happy beta, Rajendra is such a good man, he'll keep you so-"

"I don't want to marry him" she saw as her expressions changed. She looked at her with a frown.

"Why?"

"I love Arham" she said with a straight face but a hard slap was placed right on her cheek.

"Are you mad!!!" Her mother said loudly.

"Maa-"

"SHUT UP" She shouted and held her upper arm tightly.

"I sent you there to be with your friend and not for you to behave like a whore. You had an illicit relationship with a man who is not from our land."

"Maa" she cried out as her mother digged her finger nails in her arms.

"I will tell your father and get you married to Raj till next week. Forget about that man" she angrily stated and threw her on the bed.

"I don't even want to hear his name from your mouth ever again" saying so she angrily walked out of the room while she sat on the bed silently shedding tears.

...

If you guys see errors correct them.

I am trying to finish this story.

This scene with niharika was important for the further story.