Chapter 9

Meera woke up in the morning feeling heavy weight on her body. Trying to get out of the hold she wiggled but heard a husky groan.

Realising it was Ashar who was sleeping on her she felt a bit nervous. Looking at his arm on her waist she remembered all the things he said yesterday.

He talked about seeing her for the first time and then falling in love. It made her feel special but the fact that their marriage was very different from what she imagined made it difficult for her to accept him.

She did not love him but she knew if the  circumstances in which they married were different she would have been attracted to him.

His touch on her face brought her out of her thoughts.

"Uth gayi aap?"

(You woke up?)

"Ji"

(Yes)

It was still dark outside, still some time for the sunrise.

He tightened his arm around her waist and pulled her closer. Nuzzling his face in her neck he pressed his lips just below her ear. He placed feathery kisses below her ear and moved down towards her neck.

He gently kissed her collarbone and then bit on it making her hiss.

She kept her palm on his chest pushing him. It was so muscular. She could feel his thick muscles through the kurta.

Feeling her palm he stopped and looked at her. His eyes were so intense and she didn't know what to do.

He looked good with his morning rough hair, his face had some stubble grown making him look more handsom. His intense gaze lingered on her face and he brought his lips down and kissed her cheek lightly and then got up.

"Tyaar ho jaiye Meera. Safar bahut lamba hai"

(Get ready Meera. We have a long way to go)

He said and went out of the tent. Meera moved around the room and saw some fruits lying on the table. She took one apple and ate it.

A few minutes later niharika came inside. She looked.... nervous?

"Kya hua tumhe?"

(What happened to you?)

"Hume? Kuch bhi toh nahi"

(Me? Nothing)

Meera looked at her with suspicious eyes but shrugged it off.

"Meera.... Tum theak ho kya? Matlab baadshah ne kuch..ai-"

(Meera...are you ok? Did the king do-)

"Nahi niharika. Kya boli ja rahi ho. Aisa kuch nahi hua."

(No niharika. What are you saying. Nothing happened

"Ok then you...OH GOD WHEN DID YOU START LYING"

She suddenly shouted making her startled

"Why are you shouting? And when did I lie?"

She didn't say anything just came forward and touched her neck.

"Look at this. If not he then did you do it by yourself?"

Meera felt a little embarrassed at that. He left a mark.

"Bas karo chalo ab tyaar hona hai"

(Enought now. Come on we have to get ready)

Without hearing her response Meera moved out of the tent and saw the same woman who took her to Ashar's room.