Chapter 18

She moved back with the impact of his lips but his hand came wrapping itself around her nape. His lips moved aggressively on hers as his other hand circled around her back.

Her arm flung around his neck for support. His eyes were closed as if trying to pour all his heart into the kiss.

His tongue glazed her lips as her mouth opened with the effect, electrifying her nerves.

With each second passing by, she started feeling out of breath. To create some distance and break free from the kiss she gave a slight push to his chest for him to move away.

His eyes opened moving a little away on the dewan to breathe. She looked back into his eyes, there was something different about his eyes today.

It looked as if there was undivided anger for something.

Maybe because of Nadeem.

"You're so beautiful" he whispered as his hand tucked the loose strand of her hair behind her ear.
Hearing a light cry from the bed they both looked away and moved towards the baby.

She looked at the baby whose eyes were still closed and she was whimpering in her sleep. Picking her up she moved around softly humming as she covered her with the comforter to stop her from crying. She rocked her as she slowly removed her thumb from her mouth.

As meera was rocking sitting on the bed Ashar came back to bed beside her and layed comfortably on his side. Removing the comforter and looking down she saw Maryam was fast asleep so she put her on the bed between the both of them.

Blowing the lamps near the bed she covered the bed properly with the curtains as she went to her side of the bed to sleep. Before sleeping she felt him kissing her forehead.

....................................

Meera and niharika were sitting in the garden with the animals surrounding them. With one rabbit on Meera lap and the others just playing around.

While talking she noticed niharika opening her mouth from time to time trying to say something  but would immediately stop as if she was not very confident about it.

"Tum hume kuch khena chati ho niharika?"

(Do you want to say something niharika)

She looked up nervously and muttered.

"Yes, but promise me you will not get mad at me" Meera looked at her with spetical eyes before nodding her head

"Okay I promise....now tell me"

"I like Sultan's chief commander Arham"

"WHAT?"Niharika looked at her with widened eyes before covering her mouth with her hands.

"Shh.... Meera..You promised you will not get angry."

Meera slowing removed Niharika's hand from her mouth and started at her. Arham? Sultan's chief commander?

She didn't understand how this happened.

When did they even meet each other?

Sudden realisation dawned upon her as she looked up at her with widened eyes.

"So you were behaving weirdly all these days because of this?"

She looked down and nodded.

"So...... tell me since when has this been happening"

Meera asked her softly as she looked really nervous.

"When sultan came to Hindustan. I met him there for the first time....and I don't know how it happened, it just did........Meera I know it was unexpected and I should have told you. I'm sorry."

She forwarded her hand holding it out for niharika before smiling at her.

"You don't have to be sorry for anything niharika, I'm just worried about kaki....you know. But arham is a good man. I'm sure he will keep you happy. "

Niharika smiled brightly and hugged her tightly while clutching her dupatta. As they moved apart an attendent came. 

"Salam Malika.....Baadshah has called for you."

Nodding at her she stood up covering her head with her veil before keeping the baby rabbit on the floor.

"Where is he?"

"Where is he?"

"Deewane khaas mai Malika"

"He is waiting for you in Conference room."

As she was moving towards deewane khaas she bumped into someone causing their things to fall down. Looking up she saw his aunt standing there glaring at her.

She immediately bend down to pick up here things before she showers all her anger on her.

"Maaf kijiyega bua ji."

(I'm sorry bua ji)

"Tum hindustaniyon ki nazar kamzor malum hoti hai hume"

(I guess you hindustanis have a week eyesight)

Meera stayed quiet at that. She didn't even know how to react to all her taunts. Was she supposed to reply back harshly? She was never the one to disrespect elders but this woman was surely testing her patience. Still she decided to stay quiet for the sake of her husband. She collected all the things that had fallen down because of her and gave it to her before walking ahead ignoring her harsh glare on her back.

As the soldiers opened the doors she moved inside the deewane khaas but looking around she found no one inside. Usually the room is filled with the ministers and talks go on in between ashar and the chiefs regarding warfare, technology, economy, animals, trade, and the villages but right now it was empty.

Climbing up the stairs and moving towards the kings throne she saw him sitting in the secluded area with some chairs and a huge table in between. Some papers were scattered on the table as he was writing something with the peacock feather.

As she moved further her anklets made some noise causing him to look up.

"begum, aaiye"

(On begum, come)

She sat beside him as she looked at the papers. All of them were written in Urdu and she didn't understand a word, but the way it was written was really beautiful.

"It's beautiful"

He looked at her with amusement filled eyes and smiled a little.

"Aap Urdu mai likhna seekhna chatin hain?

(You want to learn how to write in Urdu?)

"Ji" she nodded with amusement filled eyes while looking at the papers.

"Then I will teach you."

She smiled at him as they sat there talking for a while. She thought for a moment to tell him about his aunt's behaviour but decided against it. He already looked stressed so she didn't want him to be in any more stress than he already was in.

...

Happy reading.