ꕥ. [ two ] letter

SHE wandered through the packed terminal, lost like a sheep glancing around for the right gate to her flight.

As she grabbed her suitcase in hand, Ivy strode, determined to ask for help. Heathrow looked as big as ever today. maybe it's because she was a complete nervous wreck, or because she hadn't traveled since like 5 months ago.

Either way, the chocolate-haired girl approached a flight attendant who stood at the airline's desk. "excuse me, hi! do you know where's the gate for the flight to qatar?"

the flight attendant smiled.

If you were to tell Ivy one month prior that she was about to fly to one of, if not, the biggest event in football, she would not believe you one bit.

ONE MONTH PRIOR

As soon as her feet stepped out of the elevator, Ivy ran in search of her car. The car's lights display a bright beam, signaling the car was unblocked.

Her black BMW van shone brightly, even more under the well-lit garage. Ivy was quick to turn the engine on, and after fixing her makeup on the little mirror, she began driving to her workplace.

Today was her first day back to work after her weeks off, and she was 15 minutes late. After spending a month in seoul with her mom, she felt more than prepared to go back to the cold place that was london.

Ivy turned the radio on, and a few seconds later, ariana grande's 'Imagine' took over the silence inside the vehicle.

After driving for almost 20 minutes, Ivy sighed when her eyes met the training center. she had missed this.

Once the brown-haired girl parked in her designed spot, she grabbed the duffle bag that rested on the copilot and flew through the cobham training center's glass doors.

"You're back!" Graham, the coach, yelled from his position on the pitch. Making the players turn their heads and wave at her.

After working at chelsea for 1 and a half years, she managed to become friends with each player.

She took a seat on the empty benches and watched them train from afar, as usual.

Though the morning had been rainy, the sun seemed to be peeking its head a little by the time the training session concluded.

When Graham blew the whistle, kepa ran to hug the shorter girl. "Vee!"

She interlocked her arms around his neck in bliss. "Could you please tell andrea to return my calls?" Ivy spoke in a muffled voice against his shoulder.

"She's been so busy but will do, vee." the goalkeeper answered before ruffling her hair, to which she whined loudly but chuckled afterward.

By 11 am, the morning physiotherapist had finished his session, which had consisted of preparing the muscles of the players before the training, while Ivy's job consisted of massaging them after their training, and treating if any of them had distress on their muscles.

After she massaged every player that trained that morning, one was left. She snapped out of her thoughts when Mason entered the room, "Ivy! How have you been doing? What did you do on your vacation?" he questioned curiously, sitting down on the massage table.