ꕥ. [ ten ] body language

HER heart pounded so hard against her ribcage, that she sensed her breathing declining too.

Ivy kept silent and didn't reply to Gue-sung's voice outside the cubicle.

Maybe it's not gue-sung and my mind is playing tricks on me.
Oh my.

"Ivy?" he called again, "I know you're here, I saw you entering." Gue-sung's voice sounded defeated.

The girl battled internally with going out and facing him. After what felt like 3 minutes of pure silence in the confined space, she hastily unlocked the door and walked out.

His previous scowl turned into surprise at the sight of her, how her cheeks had turned a bright pink and how her eyes were bloodshot red, all signaling she'd been crying.

"I know I didn't show up last night, and I'm sorry," Ivy began speaking with a trembling voice, "I'm sorry," she repeated, this time darting her eyes to the floor.

Her lip quivered as she uttered in a small voice, "But please, don't give me a hard time about it."

Gue-sung crossed his arms around his chest, nonetheless, his eyes still held that gentle look, "You didn't even call me, Ivy,"

"Not even a single text."

"I know, and I'm sorry," tears silently streamed down her face, "I wish I could explain it all to you..."

"Then explain it to me, vivi."

Ultimately, she raised her eyes and stared right at his brown hues, then simply muttered, "I can't."

Following what happened with Mason, it was safe to say she developed trust issues of some sort. Because her father & that night weren't something she spoke vividly of, opening up to him took a lot in her. Seeing him be entirely determined to help her in any way with her nightmares and her trauma was everything she anticipated from him, but nobody could've prepared her for what Mason did next.

Gue-sung's face contorted, "Then how are we supposed to trust each other if you won't tell me?"

Her heart fell to her stomach, "It doesn't have to do with you." she let out a sigh, "You haven't done anything, Gue-sung,"

Silence reigned over them.

His expression hardened, "I heard Hee-chan saying how he was with you yesterday, is that it?"

Awe transformed her face, and anger bubbled in her chest.

He was now being petty about it.

Gue-sung stood with his arms crossed, his body language conveying his anger. The soccer player's silence was thick and loud.

"Did you by chance hear anything else he said?" Ivy argued, "Did you hear anything about a robbery and a man being shot happening in front of us? or did you just decide to listen the moment he mentioned my name and immediately jump to conclusions?"

Soon, the soccer player's anger began turning into regret. His arms loosened and fell to his sides, and his face softened up by the second.