ღ. [thirty-eight] do you really want to know?

Gue-sung's POV

Her addicting and sweet scent fills my nostrils every time I inhale and I wouldn't have it any other way. I force myself to look at her occasionally and reassure myself that this is a real moment. I am sitting in a car again with Ivy, and it doesn't feel as heavy as it used to.

This is real. I can't believe what I must have done in my past life to deserve one more night with this woman by my side. Whatever good I did, I'll thank every god for this moment.

Driving through the busy streets of London seems to get harder as each day passes but I don't let it show, keeping a mask of cool as I drive smoothly. I remember her address for the last time I was supposed to take her home but didn't. Something I still beat myself over. Even if she forgave me, I know much better than to be sure an apology will make due. 

Itching to speak, ask, and know everything she's been up to, I open my mouth, "Earlier you mentioned you were going to therapy, how is it going?"

That seems to relax her nervous posture, and she eases her face into a small smile. "Extremely well. Took me long to ask for help, but I'm grateful I did." She glances my way, "How about you? How are you adjusting to the UK?"

I take a deep breath, "Truthfully, not the best. Besides the language barrier, it's a whole new continent, one I never had even visited." I look at her for a second before drifting my gaze back to the road. "Other than that, I'm adapting each day a little more, and every time I step foot on Stamford Bridge, I'm reminded of why I'm here, and suddenly everything is okay."

Ivy chuckles, "Yeah, that stadium seems to have that effect on everyone. It's a very magical place." Her tone softens and turns almost melancholic. I press my lips together to not ask her any of the questions that have been running through my head ever since I found out she didn't work there anymore.

Ivy laughs softly, as if she could read my mind, and adds, "What do you want to know, Gue-sung? You can ask, it's okay."

I glance at her again for a second. "Why did you leave Chelsea?"

She adjusts in her seat, turning her body slightly towards me. "When I arrived from Qatar, some of the players knew of our relationship but nobody paid no mind to it. It wasn't their business, of course, they won't." 

Ivy takes a deep breath, "Mason, on the other side, wouldn't leave me alone. Between laughing at how short-lived our relationship was, he teased me saying that after him, I would never be happy in a relationship nor find a good one because I wasn't worth it. So, I couldn't be there any longer, I couldn't work there anymore."

If I kept my face a mask of cool before, now I couldn't keep the rage that ran through my veins from not showing on my face. I gripped the wheel so tight my knuckles began turning white.  As calmly as I could, I asked, "Did you tell anyone he tormented you? Any higher-up? A lawyer?"

Her eyes landed on my grip on the steering wheel, before placing a soft hand on one of my knuckles. "Gue-sung, I'm fine. I saw an opportunity to transfer to Tottenham and took it, and it was the best choice for me. I did threaten him with legal charges the last time he tormented me, but you should see the team of bulldozer lawyers that man has. I met them personally when I used to date him years ago."