ꕥ. [ three ] turbulence

PRESENT

A gasp escaped Ivy's lips as she woke up startled.

Her cheeks were dampened and her breathing was heavier in comparison to the last time she dreamt about that night. Quickly, she wiped under her eyes and accommodated herself in the plane seat.

Ivy was used to dreaming that night at least twice a week, and even if it was a common occurrence, it never failed to make her body go completely senseless and tremble continuously.

The crying was always hushed and automatic when she came to her senses.

Ivy had gone to therapy last year, and after being diagnosed with PTSD, not only a handful of things had been answered, but her therapist gave her tools to deal with the nightmares.

And it worked, at least for a while. the torments had gone away for a couple of months but unfortunately, after the breakup with Mason, as she went through so much stress, none of that benefitted her mental health in any way, causing the nightmares to come back.

The few individuals who were aware of her nightmares were andrea, her mom, and Mason.

Though he had taken advantage of that.

Ivy shook her head, as if trying to erase the bad memory that came to the front of her mind.

In an attempt to distract herself, she raised her hand to touch the in-flight entertainment screen. swiping through the movies, she encountered a golden retriever on a movie cover and it reminded her of mimi, whom she had left under andrea's care this morning before departing for the airport.

After going through her movie choices, she opted to rewatch black panther. ivy swore she could watch it again and again, yet never stop swooning over T'challa.

The flight from england to qatar was set to last six hours, but it felt like an eternity to the impatient Ivy. She tried her best to divert her mind and let the hours pass by quickly, instead of worrying over any turbulence, or any inconvenience a flight can have.

Her free mind didn't last for long though. 4 hours into the flight, they began to serve dinner, which consisted of pasta with what seemed like meatballs, though they were so squashed under the container.

Suddenly, as she took a forkful of the fettuccini, the plane began to jerk.

Her face went pale. she hated, despised, and loathed turbulence. a part of her job consisted of traveling, yet she never seemed to make peace with it. Ivy gripped her seat as if that would make it stop.

Seconds later, the turbulence seized, and then she took another bite.

The rest of the flight ivy spent trying to catch up on sleep. The nightmares took a lot in her, and on a lot of occasions, she wasn't able to go back to sleep, like last night.

Sometimes she wishes she could go back in time and do everything differently so her father would see the person she is today...

Suddenly she's woken up by a flight attendant, who shook lightly her shoulders. "Miss, we have arrived."

Ivy, very startled, looked around to find the airplane empty.