ꕥ. [ thirteen ] hate seeing you cry

BEFORE she could drop to the floor, Gue-sung's strong arms embraced her protectively. In comparison to her cold & trembling body, his was warm & stable, creating an immaculate balance.

He kissed her forehead and locked the door behind them.

Gue-sung grasped her legs, carrying her bridal style. "What happened?"

Once he laid down beside her and brought her closer to his warm body, Gue-sung supported himself on his elbows and studied her face.

Ivy stared at him with glossy eyes and shook her head. instead of answering his question, she wrapped her arms around his neck and brought him to her.

"I hate seeing you cry . ." he trailed off against her neck and planted a chaste kiss on her skin.

Gue-sung tightened his arms around her waist, "Everything's okay, I'm here, alright?" he kissed her damp cheek, "Nothing can hurt you anymore,"

This made Ivy want to cry more. and just when Gue-sung stood on his elbows to wipe her stray tears, Ivy opened her mouth and finally admitted, "I had a nightmare,"

Without thinking much, words slipped out of her mouth, "and I have them almost every night."

It took a lot of energy in her to let those seven words out, and even after she let him know of her night demons, Ivy instantly knew she didn't want to speak further.

Despite that, Gue-sung's eyes went from alarmed to soft & concerned. "You don't have to tell me what those are about, Vivi. Not if you don't want to."

He read her energy in a heartbeat and Ivy couldn't be more grateful for that.

The pair spent the rest of the night silently holding each other. Gue-sung fought hard to keep his eyes open until he was sure she'd fallen asleep too.

✧˖*°࿐

"THIS little girl is looking at me and it's making me uncomfortable," Andrea spoke in an orotund voice from the other line. Ivy chuckled at the way she squinted her eyes, "So I'm going to stare back."

"Very smart of you, Andie." Ivy joked as she applied another layer of blush.

"Oh no, vee, she started crying." Andrea's lips turned into a pout, but seconds later, a laugh escaped her plump lips.

"Vee, I'm starting to give up," Andrea let out an exasperated sigh, and showed Ivy the dog food aisle for the third time that day. "I can't find it!"

"Andie, I bought it there last time I was there," Ivy stopped applying mascara, "What do you mean you can't find it?"

After catching up for an hour through Facetime, Andrea recalled Mimi was running out of dog food and drove out to a very specific Sainsbury's, instructed by Ivy, to find food for the hyperactive canine.

"It has to be there, andie," Ivy kept applying mascara, "Search more thoroughly, c'mon."

Andrea let out another sigh and crouched down on the aisle. A loud gasp was heard from her, "There it is! damn."