ꕥ. [ five ] note

IVY took a deep breath as she rubbed her eyes before she could come completely to her senses, and even with her eyes closed, her hands wandered around the bed. Empty.

Her eyes opened in surprise, looking around for any trace of gue-sung. Ivy's eyes landed on a little note on the nightstand, stuck to a glass of water along with a pill.

Ivy,

I had to leave early. I had a work meeting, and I couldn't stay when you woke up, and for that, I apologize.
In case you have a hangover, please take the pill and the water.

Best regards,
g.s

Ivy blinked, and read the note again, and again.

What a dickhead.

No 'I spent a very good night with you'?
Worse, he didn't even leave his number?

Re-reading the note again, she realized she never questioned his occupation nor why was he in qatar.

An annoyed huff escaped her plump lips but she was quick to bury him in the back of her mind before standing up and deciding to take a shower.

The football association had informed her to show up to the training tomorrow, implying she had yet another free day.

It's not that she complained about it, at all, but Ivy was truly aware that boredom would begin to take over her senses in no time.

As soon as her body came into touch with the warm water of the bathtub, her mind swiftly entered a calm energy, unleashing all stress or annoyance for the man she enjoyed every inch of last night.

Minutes passed, and much to her dismay, she wasn't able to erase him from her mind.

I could swear he enjoyed it as I did. Heck, even more.

Snapping out of her trance, Ivy jerked in her position when her phone rang outside.

There was an absurd amount of hope in her chest when her ears identified the familiar tone of her phone. Ivy grasped her towel to cover herself hastily and rushed to her phone on the nightstand.

The excitement in her eyes swished away in a blink when she read the contact's name.

엄마💝

"Hi mom," she spoke in her sweetest voice, attempting to cover her annoyance.

"Vevee! hi, my love!" her mother's usual cheerful voice was heard via the other line, and Ivy felt as if all ounce of anger left her body at the sound of that voice.

She loosened her shoulders, "How have you been?"

"How have you been? Did you arrive well, my daughter?" Anne asked, worry laced in her voice.

"I did, mom. I miss you already." Ivy pouted, even if her mom wasn't able to see her face right now.

"Me too, love. You can visit me as soon as you're done there!" Anne reassured her only daughter.