ღ. [thirty-nine] i wanted to see you

GUE-SUNG'S POV.

"You broke his nose, Gue-sung. Don't expect to be let off the hook so quickly." Ivy says, continuing her pacing in the closed-curtain emergency room. "What if they suspend you indefinitely? You just transferred to Chelsea!"

"And he was insulting you in my face, what was I supposed to do? Run and tell the coach about what he said like a 5-year-old? No." I scoff, sitting further in the small bed and closing my eyes.

"You can't react in front of him." Her tone softens, and sits on the chair beside me. "Besides, look at your face. You'll have the biggest black eye tomorrow."

I open my eyes and find her staring at me with those eyes I had been dreaming of during training, but this time they were full of anger at my foolish actions of picking a fight with Mason.

I try to crack her anger open with a joke, "You should see the other guy."

Ivy doesn't laugh, instead, she shakes her head and crosses her arms. Even if she's pissed at me, she looks so beautiful today. I know we said we're going slow but I might convince her to throw that off the window and feast on her right here, right now.

Sighing, I sit up well and grab the chair behind her thighs, dragging her to sit in front of me. "I'm not a violent person, and it was a little reckless of me, I admit it. But I couldn't let him speak that way about you." I shook my head and locked eyes with her, "You've endured too much with no one putting him in his place, and even if today hardly did that, I shut his nasty mouth and broke his nose, and would do it again if he ever speaks about you. The only moment he should direct his words towards you is to apologize, if he won't do that, then yeah, I'll gladly do it again."

Ivy only looked up at me with glossy eyes.

"Fuck, Ivy. He doesn't deserve your tears either, please don't cry."

"It's not because of him. It's just..." Her voice becomes smaller, "No one has ever stood up for me like that. Even when he got under Kepa's skin months ago, Kepa backed off before he could do anything else. The worst thing is, I heard Mason laughing about it later. That was the day I threatened him with legal charges."

My heart shrunk in size at the tone of her voice. "I will always stand up for you, Ivy. Even if I'm not a violent person or if I can't fully handle speaking fluent English to defend you with words, I will always try my best. You mean more to me than you understand."

She threw herself at me, wrapping her arms around my neck and sitting on my lap. I place a protective arm around her waist and another over her bare legs.

"I'm sorry for scaring you and calling you up here." I mutter over her hair, "They insisted I called someone I trust, and you're one of the few ones, if not the only one, in this big city that I trust. And frankly, I just wanted to see you."

Ivy doesn't let go, instead, she clings tighter. "I was in the middle of a line at the bank. So yes, you scared the shit out of me." She says, explaining her attire. She is dressed in a long-sleeve-fitted black shirt and a small jean skirt that has me itching to pick a fight again with anyone who lands a wandering eye on her bare legs.

She unwraps her arms but remains seated in my lap. "You can't do something like that again. I mean it." I pull a stray hair behind her ear as she speaks, "That's exactly what he wants you to do, Gue-sung. React to his taunting. I learned that the hard way, trust me. You have to ignore him, it'll anger him more but it's better than getting yourself in trouble."