ꕥ. [ sixteen ] are you still there?

PRESENT

A frown engulfed Gue-sung's features. He clenched his jaw listening to every bit of what came out of Ivy's mouth.

She, on the other hand, created fists with her trembling hands in an attempt to stop the shaking.

The soccer player stood up, and took hold of Ivy's hand, forcing her to stand up. his heart heavy as he wrapped his arms around her frame, holding her tight to him. "I'm sorry you had to experience that, vivi."

Ivy bit her lip to stop the tears. She'd spent so much doing her makeup, that she currently fought so much to not let it go to waste.

Besides, she was beyond sick of crying over Mason.

Gue-sung planted a chaste kiss on her forehead, and stared down at the shorter girl, watching her speak, "You don't have to apologize for anything, love."

Ivy cleared her throat after a couple of seconds, "Now, can we sit? people are starting to look at us weird,"

She earned a laugh from Gue-sung before she took a seat, and so did he.

"Now tell me, do you get along with your parents? Where do they live?" Ivy asked. Before Gue-sung could reply to her, a male server came with the plates they'd ordered.

Both thanked the poker-faced waitress and began digging in on their food.

Gue-sung swallowed his first bite, "Both my parents still live in Ansan, and are by far the loveliest humans in my life. My mom is sweet & delicate while my dad has a tough face and is quiet, both balance each other out perfectly."

"They have sacrificed so much for me and my career. My life goal is to give back to them, to repay to them everything they've done."

Ivy nodded, chewing on her food.

He stabbed his fork more of his pasta, "What about you?"

Ivy swallowed, "My mom moved to seoul from london with my father the same year they got married, and she's been living there ever since,"

"What about your father?" Gue-sung curiously inquired.

She took a deep breath, "He passed away when I was eight,"

Shock transformed the soccer player's face, and profoundly apologized.

"It's okay," she chuckled, "Since his death, my mom and I have become one. She's truly my best friend."

He listened in endearment at the way she went on about her mother.

Finishing the meal, the pair decided to take a walk.

Stepping out of the restaurant, the air was breezy and slightly cold. Out of instinct, Ivy caressed her arms in an attempt to produce heat to her body.

Gue-sung immediately noticed and removed his jacket, placing it on her shoulders.

"Vivi, why didn't you bring a sweater?" He exclaimed with a worried voice, "Imagine if I wasn't here, huh? you could catch a cold!"