ꕥ. [ eighteen ] confessions

IVY raised her eyebrows at his question, clearly surprised.

what?

she shook her head slowly, "hee-chan, I'm not following . ." Ivy trailed off.

"I know about you and Gue-sung," He claimed, sitting back in his seat.

And?

Ivy was aware they didn't interact much in training, it was mainly off-work. But if they did interact in training, the chocolate-haired girl wondered what was Hee-chan trying to imply.

"If you're with him, then why are you here? Why do you accept to go out with me?" Hee-chan countered.

Just at that moment, her brain registered that maybe, just maybe, Hee-chan and her weren't on the same page.

Immediately, she put two and two together, ultimately realizing where this was going and why he kept shoving Gue-sung around just hours earlier.

"To be honest, I like you, Hee-chan. You're kind to me." Ivy acknowledged, "However, it's none of your business whatever Gue-sung and I have,"

He took a deep breath and diverted his eyes away from her.

"And I accept to go out with you since you claimed we were going out as friends, and you seemed so nice, that I. . " Ivy stuttered, "I actually wanted to be your friend," she admitted and quickly corrected herself, "I still do,"

Hee-chan kept quiet for what felt like five minutes but was less than a minute.

"I think about you all the time, Ivy," Hee-chan confessed, running a hand through his hair.

He does?

Oh my.

"And I was starting to develop feelings for you . ." Hee-chan ran a hand through his face in defeat, ultimately a sigh escaping his lips.

Ivy's heart sunk at the confession and her hand itched to reach out and pat his shoulder, but that would only make it ten times worse.

She bit her inner cheek, and heard him speak, "And I thought you were giving me the same energy," He locked eyes with her again.

Ivy felt incredibly guilty for wounding his feelings, even if it wasn't frankly her fault for not responding to his feelings.

Either way, she felt the need to apologize, "I'm so sorry,"

And even if it was none of his business, she felt he deserved an explanation, at least.

"To be honest, I'm not dating gue-sung. Heck, I don't even know what we are," Ivy truthfully admitted, "But I won't give you false hope."

"hHee-chan, you are a very lovely man, and such a gentleman," Out of habit, Ivy fiddled with her fingers, "And I'm so sorry I didn't reciprocate your feelings, I really am."

He nodded softly, "You don't have anything to be sorry for, Vee," Hee-chan scratched his head, "If you want, we can still be friends," He offered, to which Ivy nodded frantically, and replied, "Of course!"