Corvus

A long, long time ago

On graduation day

You handed me your book

I signed this way

"Roses are red, my love

Violets are blue

Sugar is sweet, my love

But not as sweet as you"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh it was nothing," I whispered, nudging Camilla's arm to get her to drop the topic. I knew she was going to keep talking about it if I didn't hint she needed to stop. I motioned her to look at the front with my eyes, my back straightening ever so slightly.

Professor Sinistra was staring at us; her hands were clasped at her waist and her lips in a very thin, straight line. I felt Camilla stiffen beside me, the presence of her staring at the floor. If it were possible, I was sure she'd burn a whole in the floor.

"Okay, now that we are all quiet-" she paused for a split second to flash a glare our way before continuing. "-We can get started. We have a very important project that is worth a lot of points on your grade. And no; you don't get to pick your groups. I do."

She seethed her words loudly as she spoke, her arms sliding to behind her back.

"You will be put in a group of 4 and study a constellation that I give you. Use textbooks for some and find a day to go to the astronomy tower together to actually look at it. It is not my responsibility if you never get together to do so. That means points will be docked from all of your group. Good luck. I will pass the papers right now," She explained, nodding once and turning swiftly to her desk for some papers.

"Dios Mío, this will be a blast," Camilla muttered under her breath sarcastically. I knew her and I were not going to be put together. I'm sure Sinistra was done with our shenanigans; if we even have any.

"Zabini, You're with Smedley number one and Smedley number two and-" She paused as her slim finger dragged down the parchment. I glanced over at the Slytherin Ace and I were partnered with and he had a very faint smile on his face. No teeth; but a very prominent smirk. It faded quickly when he looked up at the professor.

"-Malfoy"

My shoulders fell and I brought my fingers to my face. "Great," I huffed, grabbing my bag and slowly standing. I heard Camilla giggle beside me. If a side eye like the one I gave could kill, Cam would be on the floor right about now.

"What are you glaring at me for?" Camilla whispered, raising her hands slightly in defense. "Aren't you the one who wanted to get to know Malfoy?" She whispered, her words fumbling quickly out of her mouth.

"Yes. But he's a dick sometimes and I don't know how to put up with it right now." I folded my arms across my chest, my eyes rolling. I glanced over at the professor; she had her eyes drilling into my head.

I cleared my throat, trudging to the other side of the room to sit next to Zabini, Malfoy and Ace. Sinistra began to read off the next group but I ignored her piercing voice.

I plopped down on the stool that Ace had brought over. They were located on the other side of the Slytherin's desks so we would be facing them.

I tapped my leg, avoiding looking at Draco for a moment; he was in front of me while Blaise and Ace were across from each other.