Spiked

Put your head on my shoulder

Hold me in your arms, baby

Squeeze me oh-so-tight

Show me that you love me too

Put your lips next to mine, dear

Won't you kiss me once, baby?

Just a kiss goodnight, maybe

You and I will fall in love

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

October 15th, 1995

3rd POV

* * *

"I'm sure he's just cooling off, Quinn," Camilla tried to reassure calmly, turning around in the mirror to see herself. The 15-year old's shared a dorm together and were absolutely ecstatic about the secret event that was occurring in an estimate of 15 minutes. However, Quinn had dampened the moment with mentions of her brother Liam.

"Yes, but it's been over a week," Quinn huffed in discouragement while also attempting to zip the back of her dress. She looked stunning for the dance. The Hufflepuff wore the beautiful dress she'd bought a week prior, and it complimented her smooth and ivory skin. She curled her light brown hair and pinned the top half back with a green hair clip. She had done sharp eye liner, similar to what she always did but even cleaner. She wore a matte dark pink lipstick, and her left wrist was decorated with two dainty bracelets. To finish it off, she wore black heels that made her an inch and a half taller.

"Can you help me?" Quinn mumbled, still bending her arms in unnatural ways to zip up her dress. Camilla chuckled and made her way to help her poor friend.

"Give him time. You did compare him to your Pa, and I've met him. It isn't a good thing at all," Camilla pointed out before turning Quinn towards her. Her friend looked discouraged, and it was her job to make her feel better. "Stop thinking about it," she demanded, using her index finger to point at her.

"I can't. It's been nagging at me for days," she mumbled whilst looking in the mirror. She had to admit, her dress and her makeup made her feel beautiful.

"Yes, I know. I'm the one you've been complaining to. But stop focusing on that. Draco's jaw will be on the floor when you enter the room," Camilla giggled before leaving Quinn to study herself in the mirror. The Hufflepuff stepped back over to her side of the dorm to finish putting on her jewelry. Quinn just scoffed in response.

"Well, we best be off. Or you'll keep Keys waiting," Quinn playfully taunted while stepping towards the door. A blush had spread across Camilla's face at the mention of her date. "Come on!" Quinn continued, Cam following behind.

* * *

The two Hufflepuff girls snuck down the hallway, being as quiet as they could manage. Theo Nott stood outside of a door that led to an empty classroom. Only the students knew about the secret destination. They even hired a prefect to use some spells to help not get caught. Quinn had no idea what they were, but it wasn't her business.

"Here for the dance, are we?" The boy whispered cunningly.

"Yes, we are," Camilla beamed, smiling to Quinn at her side. They had to be silent, and Theo was the one to keep watch for McGonagall and her 2 AM night patrol.

"Well, here you are, pretty ladies," Nott charmingly remarked before opening the door and ushering them in quickly.

The lights were dim but colourful beams lit up the wall. The room was filled with students from fourth year to seventh of all houses. They didn't have to worry about the number of students due to some not showing up. Some didn't want to go or break the rules. There was a table near the back full of snacks and drinks of all sorts. Pies, chocolates, punches, butterbeers. The music was loud but due to a certain charm, the outside hallways heard nothing. The walls were draped with curtains of dark greys, blacks, and golds. In the corner was a table, a certain Slytherin of a tall nature in a nice outfit, and an item was laid out in front of him but Quinn didn't know what it was. Was it a muggle item? She assumed that he was using it to control the music.

Judging by the song playing, Blaise had good taste in music. Quinn scanned the room for Malfoy, but she was utterly short and was unable to see. Camilla had already left her side to find her date. She was alone until she spotted Ace!

The boy had his hair slicked back, despite a piece in the front that had escaped. He wore a white button up shirt, but he'd folded the sleeves to his elbows and left the top three buttons undone. He wore black slacks that fit him just right. He had a shiny belt buckle and rings accessorized his fingers along with a few bead bracelets of different colours.

"Hey Ace!" She called out over the loud music and noise of partying students. "You look great!" Quinn complimented and got a smile in return.

"Oh, thanks," Ace chuckled. "I'm not sure how I feel about all this. This isn't really my thing. It shows my figure too much."

Quinn frowned at this. Ace had always been self-conscious of his appearance for certain reasons he never told anyone besides his twin. The poor boy had folded his arms across himself to hide as much as he could manage.

"I think you look quite good! I don't know what you're talking about," Quinn scolded playfully before patting his shoulder. "Have you found Blaise yet?" she queried.

"Oh yeah- he said once he got the playlist set up, he'd be over for a dance," Ace explained sheepishly. Quinn nodded and smiled at her brother. She was proud of him. He wasn't much of a social events person, and he'd told her he wasn't keen on letting others know about his romantic life.

"Have you seen Liam?" Quinn questioned, her face looking less happy than it did seconds prior. Ace just shook his head with a shrug.

"Not sure if he's arrived yet. I know Keith has, though. Hell, he's already out on the dance floor," Ace chuckled, moving his hands to inside the pockets of his slacks. Quinn's eyes widened at the thought of her younger brother being here but also the fact that he was already dancing. The Hufflepuff looked up at her twin in question; Ace pointed to certain young Slytherins dancing together. Keith, in fact, was one of them.

His hair was nicely curled, obviously the use of gel, and a smile was on his face. It was refreshing to see it as well; he hadn't done something like that in a while. He wore a nice wide-striped button up with shorter sleeves that went to his lower bicep. The shirt consisted of different blues with a few light orange stripes every once and awhile. Keith also sported baggy khakis and brand-new converse that I had never seen him wear before.

He appeared to be dancing with a very beautiful fourth year. Her name was Liana or something of the sort. She wore a pale blue dress that crossed over her chest perfectly. She was of a darker complexion and had shoulder length curly brown hair.

"Wow. They both look amazing," Quinn mentioned to Ace, smiling at each other.

Blaise approached the two, nodded to Quinn, and then turned to his date. He wore something similar to Ace but sported a black shirt instead and chains decorated his neck. He held his hand out to Ace and gave a small, lip-filled, smile.

"Shall I have this dance?" He asked, bowing ever so slightly, and smiling even bigger when the Gryffindor happily took his hand.

They danced away from the Hufflepuff, leaving her by herself. She decided that she'd maybe partake in some punch. Did Draco stand her up? Was that his plan from the beginning?

Her thoughts vanished when she felt a familiar cold finger tap her bare shoulder. She turned her head to see Draco Malfoy. She rotated the rest of her body to face him and grinned up at him. He wore an all-black suit that he looked rather dashing in. His hair was slicked to the side like he'd been wearing this entire year. This time, it appeared as if he worked extra hard on it.

Draco looked Quinn up and down with a flirtatious glint in his eye. She was gorgeous no matter how much Draco wanted to deny it.

"You look beautiful, Smedley," Draco commented with a very cunning but pleasant look spread across his face. Quinn felt a blush fill her cheeks.

"Thank you, Draco," she nodded at him, clasping her hands behind her back. "I think you look rather handsome."

Draco's eyes widened ever so slightly as if surprised she'd said that. Quinn had never complimented the Slytherin to his face before. He seemed delighted that she had. Quinn lifted the cup she had poured herself from the table to take a sip, but Malfoy had grabbed it before she could.

"Don't drink that. Theo spiked it before the party started as a joke," he warned, before placing a hand on her back to guide her to the dance floor. He was gentle with his motions; more than normal.

The boy bowed before her slightly and held his hand out for her to take. It wasn't a formal song at all; in fact, it was loud and rock-like. This was just how Draco was taught to start a dance whether he was going to watch her shake her hips whilst he shimmied his or not.

"Shall we dance, love?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading <3

-Ty

(Song at beginning: 'Put Your Head On My Shoulder' by Paul Anka)