Well Played

Always wanting you, but never having you,

Makes it hard to face tomorrow 'cause I

Know I'll wake up wanting you again.

Always loving you, but never touching you,

Sometimes hurts me almost more than I can stand.

I'd been better off if I'd turned away and never

Looked at you the second time.

'Cause I really had my life all together till your eyes meet mine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CW. There is violence in this chapter and might be upsetting to some readers. Keep that in mind. <3

I needed to get back to my dorm quickly. It was starting to bleed now, any longer and it might start dripping down my hand. I had been clenching my fist in pain so much that my muscles were starting to ache. For the first time, I was keeping to myself with my head down as I walked down the hallways. I was fast, too.

Today was not my day. It was getting worse.

"Oh shit, sorry," I said quickly whilst stepping back to see who I had just bumped into. I frowned almost immediately.

"Oh so I am the only one you're being a tosser to then?" The Slytherin seethed cunningly and folded his arms. For Christ Sake!

"Piss off," I mumbled angrily, brushing my shoulder against his to walk past. I hadn't gotten very far before he grasped my hand but pulled away instantly. It was my left hand. I hissed out in pain and quickly pulled away. Not because I didn't want him to touch me (well I didn't but that wasn't my point) but because it bloody hurt.

I hid my hand in the depths of my robe sleeve and watched Draco for a moment in shock. He was staring at his hand now, my blood on his fingertips. There was a confused and worried expression plastered across his face.

"Are- are you bleeding, Quinn?" he asked sternly, his eyes slowly trailing up to mine. I wanted to lie and just shrug it off so I could leave. I didn't need any pity. I was like all my siblings in that way. Sadly, I decided last second that I was going to tell the truth.

"...yes." I whispered, my head lowering.

"Let me see"

"No"

"Give me your hand," he demanded with a scowl.

"And why would I do that? If anything I'll go to Liam. He knows how to help better than you probably do," I replied, keeping my ground. There was no way in hell that I'd actually go to Liam for help. It would just lead to questions and then make him more angry with Draco than he already was. I reckon he was pissed off with Malfoy more than I had been. I only said that in hopes the blonde boy would leave me alone.

Nope.

He reached out to grab my wrist and I wholeheartedly expected him to yank it towards him to see. But I was wrong and surprised. His hand was just placed on the bottom and gently lifted it up to see the words that were drowned in my own crimson blood to the point they weren't possible to read. I wanted to pull away but I was frozen.

"...oh Quinn...." he murmured and his gaze never left my hand. "Is this my fault?"

It kind of was. Only a little. I was the one who 'disrupted' the class.

"...uhm- no" I replied. However, it was not convincing and Draco could see right through me.

"I'll take you to the hospital wi-"

"Alright, guys?" Liam called out, only a couple yards away from us. Oh for the love of god!! Today was only getting worse by the moment. This whole thing was dreadful. Draco pulled his hand away; he'd learned how to be with me when Liam was around by now. I could tell he was trying to smooth things over with me and Liam. Manipulative bastard.

"Yes, we are fine," I assured. A weak smile was given to my brother before he glanced from my hand, to Draco.

Here we go.

A disapproving glint flashed in Liam's eyes and his expression went stale. This wasn't going to be good. Liam was already angry with Draco, it had been awhile since he'd actually gotten in a fight and as Liam puts it, he needs to 'let off steam'. He likes to punch things. His eyes glued to my hand before I had time to pull it out of his view. I grimaced, expecting a scolding from my older brother.

But I was wrong.