Hidden Things

That night, the homeless return to the streets and set their "beds" back up. The man who bought the yoriki katana is there, but Renhetsbad has no need to talk to him. He doesn't seem to have any other possessions on him, and doesn't talk among the homeless.

Renhetsbad passes his remaining rations to the homeless people, eventually coming up to Simon. He shrugs, because he doesn't need or want any. Renhetsbad sets up her bed, and gets ready to rest for the night.

After a few minutes, one of the older homeless nudges Renhetsbad. "Where were you? We thought the yoriki would take you for sure."

"I got away," Renhetsbad replies.

"The guard was unarmed. It wasn't a fair fight, that's how." Simon said.

"You got away from the yoriki? Incredible. I hadn't thought it possible. The street children came down and told us it was an amazing fight."

"I will do anything to put those pigs in their place."

The homeless people begin whispering among themselves, and Simon and Renhetsbad begins to see hope on their faces. Simon gives her a nod of appreciation. Renhetsbad rolls over, and goes back to sleep.

Simon, restless, gets up and wanders the streets.

After a time, a man walks up to Simon. "It's Simon Ulcrates, innit?"

"Not in this town," Simon says with a sigh. "That side of me burnt down with the rest of the capitol."

"But you used to be Simon Ulcrates. And that's the man I need for the job. I've made my share of mistakes, burned my value of lives, but we're still the people we were."

"And who am I talking to?" Simon asks, going to a secret area of an alleyway.

"Ah, well, you used to know me... but you can call me the Mad God."

"And what am I being tasked with?"

"The president isn't who you think he is, so I need you to rejoin the Conclave and find out what he's up to."

"Wait the Conclave is back? Simon says, finally looking at the man. With a big sigh and a sign of recognition, he nods. "When and where do I start?"

"Go to the sewers where you first went to join Aaron's Conclave. A man named Dalabrac the Dying will be there. They'd love to have a legacy member."