Interrogation in Darkness

"There's seriously not a single light I can turn on in this room?" Simon asks, scanning the room for a light bulb or something to light electrically.

"No, now pay attention, because if I or the president don't like your answers, no one will ever remember your legacy. Now, state your name and occupation."

"My name is Simon Ulcrates, formerly known and occupied as the 8-Bit Archer. I no longer work under that name. My job was in the nation of Las Aminour, and the countries surrounding it, but that place is now gone. I am looking for a new job." Simon says, still trying to scan the room.

"What is your relation to Aaron Firehand, and if applicable, current relation?"

"Well, he was my best friend until I found out what he was doing. And apparently, he died, so I guess I don't have any relation with him."

"Until you found out what he was doing? And what was that?

"I found some odd money transactions for those hellfire engines that the Ver D'nor Confederation banned and destroyed. He was stockpiling some of them with them being documented under a contingency plan."

"Were you aware of the three assassination attempts that conspired, and of the culprit that got away?"

"No, as soon as I found out, I was held captive."

"So then at that time did you realise that Aaron Firehand was correct in planning for a contingency?"

"I'm glad that he was protecting himself. Although, he may have taken things out of proportion with the hellfire engines, nor do I think they were necessary but... every political powers should have defense."

"Moving on. You said that you were held captive. By who and why?"

"No idea. It all happened so fast, but the place was so magical, it was near impossible to escape."

"You remember nothing of your captivity?"

"Things got boring after a while of captivity, and then the area started shaking and a door opened... and I was able to escape."