Ghosthand

Simon walks down the street but suddenly sees someone who looks like Aaron Firehand enter a bookshop down the street.

Simon knows his eyes are deceiving him, but he had to check anyways.

As Simon enters the bookshop, he sees the Aaron facsimile walk behind a bookshelf, and Simon believes he is trying to hide from the follower.

Simon still foolishly follows the figure, but taking a different path to try and find the man.

As you round the bookshelf, he runs face first into Aaron Firehand himself, it would've seem. Some stands in shock.

"Firehand?" He says a bit too loud. He quickly covers his past words with, "How have they already come out with books about him?"

He sees now this isn't quite Aaron, but rather what appears to be his ghost. This dones't line up with the rumours that he planeshifted, however. "Aaron Firehand? Oh, he was a great guy. Had positive relationships with everyone. Do I... know you? I think I've met you before... but I can't remember."

"I-it's me, Simon." Simon says, noticing the weird differences on this Aaron. "Don't you remember?"

"Simon... oh!" Simon Ulcrates! I remember you! Last time we saw each other, you had congratulated Aaron on setting up a contingency plan in case anything went wrong. It was... something to do with hellfire. Anyways, you both left the conversation quite chipper. How have you been?"

"I just recently got out of captivity, and aren't you... Aaron?" Simon asks.

"I don't... I don't remember. I'm Ghosthand... but I have memories that should belong to Aaron. And then when I sleep... I have terrible nightmares. Memories that aren't right. Arguing with you, blowing up the capitol, banishing an assassin. I don't... I don't know what's wrong with me."

"The nightmares sound more reliable than your memories. That conversation I had with Aaron... it wasn't as pleasant as you remember it."

"But then... where are these memories coming from?"

"Aaron always had his theories on the multiverse. Maybe that's what they are."

"Then... can you help me? I don't have anywhere to go, I've been living in the sewers and... the other guy is not very friendly down there."

"Sure, but if anyone sees you, they're going to try and catch you," Simon replies.

"Why would they want to catch me?"

"You should be dead, but you don't really have a good name right now."

"I think I have a good name. I quite like the name Ghosthand."

"You have Aaron's face. They won't know the difference."

"Here, let me put this face mask on!" He pulls a gator mask out of his pocket, and slides it over his head and onto his face. "They'll never recognise me now."

"That'll do," Simon says.

Ghosthand follows you home, and people give you looks.

They arrive at the trashed apartments due to his Christmas adventure.

Ghosthand takes a look around and smiles. "This is a nice place. It has great decoration."