Speaking In Broken Words

The hospital was under Ethan so he could call the shots here. It was not that he completely trusted Amy or anything but his instinct told him to give her a chance as doctors failed to save that little guy.

*****
Inside the ICU Amy put on the surgery kit and sanitised the equipment used for surgery. The little boy had a car accident. Signs showed that he was already in a very dire state. He was suffering from blunt trauma where body part collides with something else, usually at high speed. Blood vessels inside the body are torn or crushed either by shear forces or a blunt object.
This was not something severe for Amy. The technology was not that advanced at this time. In the apocalypse the medical field developed a lot in just two years. And she also learned a lot through her experience. So she definitely knew how to treat him.

****
After an hour Amy came out. A crying guy came rushing towards Amy "Ho..how is my brother??" Even though he held no hopes he couldn't help but expect a little.

Amy just frowned a little. The doctor who was watching Amy making a fool of herself noticed this and snorted "Humph!!! I told you this is not a child's play, then too you insist on doing this. Do you even have the ability to bear the responsibility if something happened to him??"

Amy's eyes turned cold. "When did I say I was not able to save him" sneers Amy at the doctor and then looks at the crying guy. "You can go inside and check on him. He is out of danger. I was just frowning because he should be able to wake in 2 hours if I had my kit. It's just a pity that I left my kit at home so he can only wake up after 6 hours" said Amy a bit regretfully.

Both the crying guy and the doctor were dumbfounded. Then a crying guy rushed inside the ICU and the doctor also followed him. He simply chose to not believe until he saw it.

Ethan was also quite surprised after hearing Amy's words. He actually didn't believe she could save him. He just chose to follow his instinct.

"If there is nothing else, then can I leave??" asked Amy while looking at Ethan.

"No, next room" with that he went inside room no. 17

'Can't this dude speak in full sentences. What are these broken words. Is he giving me some sort of puzzles to solve.' Amy rolled her eyes and followed him.

She came inside the room, Ethan was sitting on the sofa and Leo was chatting non stop with assistant.
When Leo saw Amy bright smile bloomed on his face. "My saviour, did you come here specially to visit me" said Leo teasingly.

"No, your brother dragged me here" said Amy.
Leo was dumbfounded and then started laughing. "Hahahaha, brother this is the first time I am seeing girl who is not flattering you. Hehe my saviour is indeed different." Said Leo.

Ethan glared at him.

"So can anyone please tell me why did you call me here??" Asked Amy impatiently.

"Reward" Ethan spat out this word.

"You mean that now I saved your brother you want to give me reward??" Asked Amy.

Ethan nodded.

"Haha" Amy laughed coldly. "No need, I didn't particularly saved him. He was just in my way of dealing with those goons so he was accidentally saved. If that was all I am leaving." Said Amy. she was about to leave but her phone dropped down accidentally near Ethan as she was turning around.

Ethan just bent down and picked up the  phone, when he was returning it to Amy he noticed her lock screen and some memories from past hit him.

Lock screen was of the girl who was around 9 years old standing in the middle of the flower yard and smiling brightly at the camera.

When Ethan snapped back out of his thoughts to look for Amy she had already left the ward.
'I finally know who you are little girl' said Ethan as small smile blossomed on his face.'

Leo was dumbfounded by the interaction between two. His brother only likes to speak in broken words. Anyone was hardly able to understand him. It was his first time seeing someone understanding his brother's words so clearly and this fast.