Double Standards

"It's time to settle the score" smirked Amy as she said.

The zombies were certainly released by someone, whether it was an accident or deliberate will get to know once they go out.

Ethan kicked open the door which was locked. Everyone came out from police station. Once they walked out from the police compound some people came towards Amy and her team.

Amy was surprised to see the person leading the team. Then she frowned looking at others.

"We are really sorry for the accident. I didn't know my teammates went inside. I instructed them not to go inside till I come back but--" the person speaking hesitated. "Anyways I am deeply sorry, If you want I will give you some supplies as compensation" said the person.

He was the same person who was leading the team.

"Why do we have to handover our supplies?? Haven't you said sorry just now?? That's enough." Said one person from the team in angry tone.

The person leading the team showed helpless look and didn't refute back. He just forwarded his supplies.

"No need, we don't need the supplies. I just want to know how you guys opened that prison gate 'accidentally'." said Amy.

"Actually two of our teammates went inside to check for the weapons. They saw two three guns near the prison door wall table, so they went forward to take it. But zombies suddenly growled and that startled the female teammate, so she threw heavy paper weight towards prison's direction and it accidentally hit the lock and prison door was opened. So my teammates got scared and ran out." Said leader of the team with bit of embarrassment.

Amy didn't want to hold any grudges against the person who was leading the team. His name was Ren. In her previous life, he had saved her life multiple times. They were best friends during apocalypse. Amy was able to survive for more time because of him. But later he lost his life because of his family members. She definitely wanted to pay back his kindness. But it also depends on what path he chooses.

Amy thoughtfully glanced at the people at the back who were so called teammates. Actually these people were Ren's family members. But ren was step-son so they treated him harshly. In previous life ren was pushover like her. But in this lifetime Amy wanted to change his life. She saw there were three  men except ren, two adult girls one older women. Two girls were looking like they were infatuated by Amy's teammates while other man's where looking greedily and cunningly at them.

"Umm...you guys can come with us. If we have more people then we can be safe" said a girl to Amy's teammates while blushing.

Amy was too bore to deal with the girl. She looked at the ren and said "We will be leaving." Then Amy paused and leaned towards ren and whispered to him. "I hope you will not make the choices you will regret." Said Amy to ren while looking at his family members.

Ren was startled and looked at Amy in surprised. "Who are you??" Asked Ren.

Amy moved back to her original position and smiled at ren. "Just your benefactor. As for advice, Take it as a debt that I have to repay." Then she paused and looked at ren seriously. "I hope I will be able to see you again" Amy glanced at Ren's family. "In better condition perhaps.

Ren was baffled at first but later he gave her bitter smile. "Same as you, it's the debt I have to repay" said ren.

"Maybe you were deceived from the start." Amy said a sentence with subtle hidden meaning and turned back to her teammates.

Amy saw her brothers Ethan were glaring at her and others were curiously watching her. She smiled helplessly.

No one could hear amy and rens conversation as both of them were in distant and speaking in low voice.