Ghost 14

Y/n and Morrigan had soon entered the latter's room, which doubled as an office. The room was quite large, with a bed that could house seven or more people in it. A walk in closet to the left hand side of the room. To the right a large desk with a bunch of papers either stacked or scattered.

Morrigan walked up to the bed as she sat down at the edge of it, patting the spot to her left for the boy to sit. He soon did so as they sat in a comfortable yet tense silence.

She placed a hand to his head, bringing it closer as she leaned her own on top of his. The two stayed like this until the lust queen spoke. "Is this about what you've been up to?"

"Yeah..." Was all he could say at first, before leaning more into her embrace. "I want to keep the girls safe, its why I brought them here.. And I ain't letting Varkus get his hands on them"

"You know, I've been meaning to ask since I first found you...This Varkus, he's who paired you with the rider way back when, right?" She asks, lightly, poking his temple.

He could only nod again as a memory of his childhood came up. It was a memory of a younger Y/n running away from the burning home, where his first family had lived.

The boy ran through the woods, scraps and cuts littering his skin as tears ran down his cheeks. He ended up tripping over a tree root, and began tumbling down a hill till he hit the ground with a thud, and a crack.

The boy cried out in pain as he held his right arm, feeling the bone had snapped as he sat up, loosing the strength to stand. "Finally caught up with you" A familiar voice spoke as the boy looked up with fear in his eyes.

The man before him was none other than Varkus, looking like he hadn't aged a day. The boy moved back till he hit a tree, scared out of his mind.

"I saw you running after my little experiment failed" The envy demon said, slowly walking towards the boy as he held a device in his hand. "That old panda was a little to sane and ended up bursting into flames"

The boys eyes widened, eyeing the device, along with the demon that kept getting closer. "You-...."

"While the result wasn't what I expected, it was still a good first test" The demon crouched down after getting close enough, grabbing the collar of the boys shirt so he couldn't move, not like he could. "But that got me thinking"

A sinister smile came to the demons face before he pressed a button of the device, three panels opened in the middle to show a chaotic flame in a small cylinder, and a needle protruding from the bottom.

"What if I give him to someone who's on the verge of breaking? Shall we test this kid?" He asks before jamming the needle into Y/n's abdomen, a choked scream coming from the boy.

He was then injected with the chaotic flame as Varkus pulled the device out and took a few steps back. The boy was screaming in agony as his body began to smoke.

The boys arm had fixed itself with a few sickening cracks as pieces of his skin began burning away. The boy was horrified as he watched his arms and hands catch fire in spots at first. He smacked them on the ground to put them out, only to finally slam both fists into the ground. He watched as both hands exploded into flames and ash, seeing the burning skeleton beneath.

He felt the searing heat in his face as he saw his vision brighten a little. He covered his face as he screamed into his skeletal hands as his entire head was slowly catching flames.

Varkus meanwhile, watched on with a since of accomplishment. He saw the boy turned to him, and the sight made the demon giddy with excitement. The boys left side was also most completely devoid of skin and flesh, leaving only the void eye socket.