Ghost 21

Y/n slowly awoke after being knocked out, which should have only taken him no less than a few minutes for him to have awoken. He sat up with a groan, gripping his head with one hand after a searing sting struck him. Letting his vision catch up with him, he could make out that he was inside of a cell. "At least we are where we need to be..." 

Looking around the cell, he could see that was fully enclosed with nothing but a bed, and a toilet. However, he needed to figure out where his teammate was. "Denji? Denji are you there?" The boy called out as he walked closer to the bars of his cell, where he could see the long hallway which his cell, and others were connected to. 

Across from his, he could see Denji peacefully sleeping in his cell. While Y/n was glad he was alright and close by, he also slightly deadpanned at the fact he was sleeping at a time like this. "Whatever, Lets get out of....here?..." He grabbed the bar and was about to melt them, only for nothing to happen. 

Confusion struck the boy as he kept trying to activate his flames, only for the same result to occur. He was beginning to panic, and panic was a new experience and he was hating it already. He figured it was the work of dampeners, but then the panic would be unnecessary. 'Why the hell am I panicking so much? Rider, what's going on?' He called to his partner, only hear nothing.

"Rider?...Rider answer me" His hands were shaking, and his panic increased. "This isn't the time to go silent on me, Come on! Please just answer me already!" Once again, silence. He kept trying to the rider, only to get the same thing every time. While most of the inmates that could hear the boy thought he was just insane, there was one inmate who understood what this boy was going through. 

Denji himself had just woken up to the panic stricken Y/n, quickly getting out of his bed and looking at the boy in worry, Which was not what he was expecting. "Woah Y/n, what's gotten into you all of a sudden?!" He exclaimed before he looked on in surprise. 

Being a fear variant of the Gluttony demons, he had the ability to sense fear from individuals, and he knew that fear demons grew stronger the more people fear the thing said demon is linked with. Denji could already tell that the demon linked to the fear Y/n was feeling was getting a kick out of it. 

When Y/n turned to look at Denji, the demon could see that same fear in the boy's eyes. Being with the rider for so long, the boy had lost all sense of fear. However, that gave rise to a new fear, and it was growing more and more the more time went on. "He has Autophobia..." Denji said lowly to himself. 

"He'll be fine" A voice from the cell next to Denji spoke up, catching his attention. "While his fear will persist, he will calm down within a few hours" He said as they both watch Y/n set himself against the back of his cell, clutching the cross around his neck as he started muttering prayers to himself. "Although, he might just go until he passes out from a panic attack"

"You sound like your talking from experience" Denji's words made the man chuckle as he went silent after that. He looked back to Y/n with worry, and while this will set their plans back a little, he was more worried about his friend. "Hang in there Y/n, hang in there"

Denji's eyes widened when he heard the sound of static in his ears, before the sound of a familiar, and rather annoying voice entered his head. 'Hello~? This thing even working? Is Power getting through to you Denji?'

"Thank goodness they didn't notice the telepathy runes. Yeah Power, your getting through" Denji sighed in relief as he sat down on the bed of his cell, keeping his worried eyes locked onto Y/n.

With the said Blood demon, she was in some sort of large bunker with loads of people going about, humans, beast folk, and vastayan alike. "Good thing I suggested we use these" She boasted, though everyone knows this wasn't her idea. "We finished up our end of the plan and met up with the resistance. How about your end?"