Ghost 18

It wasn't long until the ferry reached one of Ionia's ports. Y/N was waiting for the unloading process to start as he sat on his bike, adjusting his gloves before looking to the case that rested just behind him. "Our first stop should be Rei's" The boy said, mapping out the plan in his head, which the rider can overview. "Grab everything we need from him, asses the situation of the current system, and pluck every root out accordingly"

"More of a simplified version, but clear all the same" The rider said, though it was clear his head was elsewhere. he then asked his host for a favor. "When it comes time to confront Belial...I want to deal with him personally" There was loads of venom within those last words.

The boy knew these two shared a history with one another, and a pretty bad one at that. "I can agree to that" The boy agreed to those terms before everyone began unloading off the ferry. He drove along with traffic till everything broke off, leaving him isolated on the highway. his destination being one of the neighboring towns away from the city.

Y/N took the time to look at the scenery as he drove down the road. Beautiful, lush trees of all kinds littered the sides of the road, he even spotted a few cherry blossom's on his way. He had to stop by in another nearby town to fill up on gas. Stopping into a gas station, he got off his bike, popping the gas tank open before putting the nozzle in, letting it do its thing.

"Excuse me, young man?" The boy turned to whoever was calling to him. it was an old man, well into his seventies. His hair was slicked back as he wore a pair of golden trimmed sunglasses. The old man was decked out in a pristine white suit. It was was barely noticeable, but there was a bit of scarring around his left eye. "Could you help us by chance?"

The old man gestured towards his vehicle, a 1980's Ford MK3 Escort, which was surprisingly in good condition from a glance. The hood was open as the old mans wife filled up the gas tank. The boy followed the old man as he took a look at the engine. "This shouldn't take long to fix. Do you have any tools?"

"I keep them in the trunk" The boy nods as he went around back, opening the trunk as he grabbed the tool box. The old couple watching the boy work on their engine. He was to focused on what he was doing, failing to realize that the rider was looking at the old man with a familiar, yet uncertain gaze. Something about the old man just felt familiar to the rider.

While the rider was still in his sort of trance like state, Y/N was finished with the repairs as he went to turn the engine on. Turning the key, the engine fired on as it hummed nicely. "Alright, that should keep it running for a good while" The dusted his hands off as the old man walked up to him. "How far do you both plan on going?"

"Oh, we are heading to the mainland. We wanted to see the sights for some time now" The man explain as he went to close the hood of the car, carrying the tool box to the trunk. "Never had a chance till recently. What about you sonny?"

The boy took a moment to answer, looking to the road as he watched a few other cars pass by. "Home... I needed to take care of a few things but, never got the chance to do so. No better time than now, I guess" He looked to the old man, giving a soft smile. 

The old man smiled back, walking over to the boy as he pats his shoulder. "I'm sure your family would be proud of you for doing so now than never" The boy thought about those words. He hoped they were proud of him despite what he had to do. 

The old couple began to take off now that their car was running again, leaving the boy to go back to his bike to pay for the gas. However, before he could, the old man called out to him. "One more thing. Be sure you both look out for each other out there"

The boy gave nod as he finally paid for the gas, only for those words to settle in as he quickly looked to the fleeing car in shock. That old man knew, and probably knew more than he let on just from those words alone. "How did he?..."