Ghost 20

It had been roughly three days since the four had met up and began hatching their game plan. Right now, Y/n and Denji were walking down the empty streets of Ionia in silence. Denji was humming to whatever music he had playing in his ears from the ear bugs plugged into him. Y/n was rather curious as to what he was listening to, but didn't ask as he wished to focus on the mission at hand.

The orange haired devil however, caught the curious look in his eyes before taking out his ear buds and addressing said curiosity. "That look in your eyes tells me you haven't listened to music before, have you?" The boy glanced away, which only confirmed Denji's question to be true. "Really? dude your missing out on some good stuff"

"I simply never had the time to indulge myself in such things.." He says as he adjust his case that rested on his back. "I only remember doing such relaxing things back before I got dragged into this mess.." His memories flashed to his family momentarily. To get himself out of that thought, he changed the topic. "Lets review the plan again just in case"

Denji simply shrugged his shoulders and shoved his ear buds into his pockets, pulling a notebook from out of his jacket and flipped through its pages till he stopped on one. This caught Y/n's interest, as he didn't see Denji pull it out during their meeting a few days ago. 

"Lets see here, the plan was for us to split into teams of two, which we already have covered. Reze and Power are heading just east of the city to meet up with some allies of ours. As for the two of us" The two stopped by a corner before peaking around it, spotting a group of four soldiers lazing about without a care in the world. "We are to cause a ruckus before getting caught and sent to the slammer" 

"Still can't believe we are about to do this.." Y/n sighed, His original plan was to simply follow Belial's trail, storm his main HQ, kill him, and be on his way. However, he figured a change of pace would be more beneficial, that and Reze said it'll spice things up. "Although, she never said why we need to do this in the first place"

"Because our job is more or less a rescue operation" Denji said, turning back to Y/n as he put his book away into his jacket. "Now the question is, how should we grab their attention?" He began pondering how to go about this. His answer? A fast right straight directly to his face which sent him falling onto his back into the open, startling the soldiers. "What the hell was that for?!"

"You know exactly what that was for! You don't just go and plant time bombs for the fun of it! Do have any idea of the damage you could have caused, and how long it takes to disarm on that complex!" Y/n shouted in anger at the devil, who was heavily confused. 

"What? I didn't plant a-" He caught the hidden smile on Y/n, telling him to play along. Getting into the act, Denji quickly shot up and grabbed the boy by the collar, who in turn did the same. "Well geez, I'm sorry I had to go and do something after accidentally setting one off! Maybe instead of getting one our guys to come and get me to help with other preparations, we wouldn't be here now would we?!"

"How the crap was I supposed to know you were working on a time bomb?! We were on a tight schedule to begin with you frigging dumbass!" The two of the butted heads with angered looks in their eyes. The rider could just barely hold in his laugh at this display.

It was at this point that one of the soldiers decided to step in, walking towards the two of them, and with the argument they were having, he was planning to arrest them. "Both of you! Put your hands where I can see them, I'm placing you both under arr-" He however, would come to regret this decision.

"Buzz off!" The two of backhanded the poor homunculi right in the face, caving his helmet in and crushing his skull. The force was strong enough to send the now dead body flying past the other three guards, who were understandably shocked.