Ghost 19

The scarlet haired scientist sat within the medical ward of the facility, sitting next to Varkus, who was still laying unconscious. The many doctors within the room were monitoring their bosses vitals, and recording any data they could get. 

She had her gaze focused on the tablet in her lap, which wasn't even turned on at the moment. Just a blank screen in which see could see her own refection. She could see the slightly noticeable bags under her golden eyes due to the lack of sleep.

She soon looked up to the sight of her unconscious boss. It had been nearly a week since the surgery, and it was unclear when he was to awaken. One of the doctors walked over to her, a worried look in his eyes. "Ma'am?" He calls out to her, grabbing her attention as she looked up at him. "We just got word from Silas's team, they are to make landfall in Ionia sometime by tomorrow" 

"Good, last thing we want is for anyone to get their hands on the rider before we do" After Mephisto's brief visit to their base, she had sent Silas and a few other soldiers to Ionia in pursuit of Y/N, in hopes to capture and obtain the rider before they could. "If they fail, it will put a serious dent in our plans"

After a brief pause, the scarlet haired woman stood up from her seat. "May I have the room please? You all could use a break" She asks, stunning the doctors within the room. the one who gave the report simply nodded, and without a word, lead everybody out of the room. The room now only being occupied by the two.

She stood by Varkus in silence, with the only sound being a heart monitor and her silent breathing. She had been still been wondering why they needed the rider. All Varkus said was that he needed him, but never gave a specific reason for it. Gods eye was another thing that confused her, if he wanted it as a power source, then way use it on himself?

"Just what is your plan?..." She asks him, but due to his current state, she wouldn't get an answer. Not like she would anyway. Her attention was caught when she heard one of the other computers going off. More specifically, the one that was receiving information from the eye but, it shouldn't.

As far as everyone knows, The eye takes in every piece of information from whatever it looks at, and Varkus was still out. She walked over to the computer to see what kind of information was being relayed. What she saw was a singular word being repeated every five or so seconds. Abyss. 

This was confusing to say the least, but this also meant that Varkus was indeed somewhere, and the eye was fully functional if it was relaying even just a single thing. She kept observing the screen, waiting for any sort of change, and it soon came in...A conversation?

Two lines of words popped up onto the screen, giving her the indication that two people were talking. "You said you were having night terrors again? This is the eighth time its happened" .... "Yeah, its the same one too, can never get a clear picture of it"

She was becoming more and more curious, especially the conversation. She came to the theory that these two have had this conversation  before, if the number of times it happened was of any indication. So she continued to observe each new line of text that popped up.

"Any noticeable differences this time around?" .... "Only difference was, I could tell exactly what I was up against.. It was like a demon almost" .... "Could it have been a rouge Quanta-demon that fled the final battle?" .... "No, we eradicated the rest afterwards so its unlikely. It was more like, I was fighting myself in a sense?"  

The name of the creature they mentioned wasn't something she has heard of before, nor was such a thing ever recorded in history. She quickly went back over to Varkus' bed side to grab her tablet before rushing back to the monitor, noting down any useful information that she could study for later on her own time.