chapter 8

.
Izhaan's pov
.

I drove as fast as I could after I received the call. My blood boiled as I entered the shabby place. I checked the time again, it was way past midnight.

I felt even angrier when I took in the place, it was littered with drug addicts.

I got down my car and searched for any familiar face, my eyes landed on Shaurya. I marched towards him

"Shaurya" I called

"Hey Izhaan" he said

"Thanks for calling me yaar! Where is she?" I asked

"She is here only. Dude! I don't know who she is to you, but that girl is trouble. She was in the car going for the race, when I inquired about why she was here? She said she had no idea that the race was illegal. There's one more girl with her. Thank god I was here and recognised her, if there was any other officer she would have been in jail by now"

I felt so so ashamed

"I apologise to you!" I said genuinely.

"Don't embarrass me! What are friends for! But you have to control her, I won't be there all the time to save her"

"I understand. Thank you again for calling me. Is it ok if I take her from here?"

"Yeah please! They both can go now"

He told me in which room she was. I was raged, this is just too much. She has crossed all the limits this time. I angrily marched towards where she was.

I entered the room and quickly spotted her, she was sitting on a chair, she looked so chilled out, there was not even a faint trace of a frown on her forehead, while the other girl she was with, looked panicked, she was pacing.

The other girl said something which I couldn't hear clearly, then she spoke

"We are not getting arrested, there is nothing money can't buy"

Wow! What a great mentality!

"Oh Shut up Reem, money will not always save us" the girl replied.

She seemed like a sensible person.

"Believe me, it will always save us, my dear Gabbar" stupid girl stayed stuck to her idiotic thoughts. I should make an entry.

I walked towards her, our eyes met. And the coolness which was there on her face a minute ago was replaced by fear. She looked scared now. I was feeling pleased with myself, it was good to see how afraid she was of me.

"Shit" she said in a low tone, but I heard her clearly.

I went straight to her, I grabbed her arm roughly and pulled her up on her feet

"Chalo (let's go)" I said angrily and pulled her towards me

"Leave her hand" her friend, Gabbar spoke

"This is Izhaan" Reem told her, and suddenly her expressions changed from anger to relief

"Oh! You are Izhaan! Thank god you are here. The police are going to arrest us, trust me we didn't know it was illegal. Please save us" she requested, Reem opened her mouth to say something but closed it back immediately when I glared at her.

"I took care of it. Nobody is going to arrest you or Reem, don't worry" I assured her, she smiled widely, "now let's go" i said to her, she crossed her arms at her chest and looked away

"Reem chalo (let's go)" her friend dragged her.

We reached my car, I let Reem's hand go.

"Sit" I ordered