chapter 64

.
Athar's POV
.

An irritating alarm tone disturbed my sleep. I switched it off. I turned to Ayesha's side and put my arm over her, but the empty space made my eyes snap open.

Where is she?

I picked up my phone and checked the time, it was 7am, where has she gone so early! I was about to get up to look for her, but just then I remembered she is not here.

I sighed heavily, it has not been even twenty four hours since she has gone, and I miss her so much already.

I pulled her pillow in my arms and inhaled it deeply, it felt like she was here only. I closed my eyes and didn't realise when I fell asleep again.

It felt like I have been sleeping for too long, I opened my eyes, and checked the time it was 8am. I immediately sat up straight

"My god!" I muttered and got off the bed, I went straight to washroom, took a shower, and got dressed. I messaged Rose that I will be late for the office today.

I went out of the room, I headed straight to Izhaan. I knocked on the door but he didn't answer. I knocked again and waited patiently

"Wait a minute. Reem is not here, then why the hell am I knocking on the door" I shook my head and pushed the door open.

"Buddy" I called, "Izzu" I checked the closet, but he was nowhere, I came out of the room.

I looked around the house, but he wasn't anywhere. I came back to his room, I called him, but his phone was in his room only.

"Where are you buddy?"

I went out of his room, and found dadi coming towards me

"Assalamualaikum" I greeted

"Walekumassalam beta! Is Izhaan asleep?" She asked

I don't even know where he is, then why should I worry her, so I lied

"Yes dadi" I nodded

"Let me go check on him" she was heading in the room, but I stopped her

"Dadi! Let him rest. You come with me, I want to talk to you" I took her to the living room.

"Is everything ok? What do you want to talk about? Is Reem ok?" Fear was evident on her face, I felt so bad for her.

"Yes everything is well!" I said, she sighed in relief.

"Take me to Reem, I am so worried about her. I will apologize to her, I will bring her back. I don't even know how she is? I should be with her" she looked so stressed, I put my hand on hers

"Dadi please try to understand, Reem needs some time, and don't worry about her, Ayesha is there with her, she will take care of her"

"Ayesha is there that is why I could sleep last night, I know she will handle everything."

"She will" I smiled feeling proud of my baby.

"Yeh sab kya ho gaya beta, mere ghar ki khushi kahan kho gayi (what has happened! Where is the happiness from my house has gone?)" The corner of her eyes moistened, I put my arm over her shoulder and pulled her closer.

"Allah will make everything better" I said

"In sha Allah" she sniffed, "I'm so worried about Izhaan also" she said and I sat straight

Izhaan!!!! I must find him.

"He will be ok. You go in your room now and take rest for a while"

"How can I rest? I could not even talk to your dada ji, I called him, but his phone was not reachable"