chapter 33

.
Athar's POV
.

I was sitting on the bed and pretending to watch a movie on my laptop, i had earphones plugged in, but the movie was playing on mute. My whole attention was on Ayesha, she was pacing in the room restlessly.

Every time I see her like this my heart hurts. This is not what I wanted for her. She looks in pain. It has been two week since she is here, but she has not even gotten a moment of peace.

What should I do to make her comfortable?

Ayesha sat on the bed next to me and picked up her phone, she stared at it, then put it back. She was looking confused. From my peripheral vision I was noticing her every activity.

She called someone then pressed the phone on her ear, then she put the phone down, in a minute she dialled someone again

"Hello" a voice came from the other side, the volume of her phone was so high that I could hear it clearly. She looked at me to make sure I wasn't listening.

"Mumma, it's me. I have been calling you for so long, why are you not answering your call?" She cried

"How dare you to call me? I told you, that i don't want to hear anything from you"

"Please don't talk like that. For how long you are going to be upset with me? My heart can't take it anymore. Please forgive me"

"I will never forgive you and how can you only think about yourself! Do you even have any idea how much you have hurt us"

"I'm sorry"

"I don't want your sorry, just don't call back ever again. I told you earlier also that we have disowned you."

"No no no please, don't say that. I will die" she broke into tears

"You are already dead to us" she said and then there was silence.

Ayesha was crying badly, I wanted to hold her in my arms and comfort her, but i knew I was not in a position to even lay a finger on her.

I controlled myself and kept on pretending to be busy with my laptop

She got up and went to the washroom. I kept the laptop away and stood up. I was waiting for her to return, she came back from the washroom, i looked at her, her eyes were red.

"Ayesha! Are you ok?" I asked, she glared at me and turned into the closet.

"I heard what aunty said...."

"You heard it, right? Now go and celebrate" she snapped at me, fresh tears appeared in her eyes, she left the room.

It's all because of me. I forced her into marrying me and now she is hurting.

That's it! I won't let her cry anymore, I went after her. I saw her walking in the prayer room, i stopped at some distance.

She spread the prayer mat and offered namaz, i stayed where I was, waiting for her to finish. After she was done, she raised her hand to pray. She began crying again, soon her whimpers turned into loud sobs. The whole room was echoing with her sobs.

I couldn't watch it anymore, i took a step towards her, just then dadi entered the room, i took a step back.

Dadi went to her and sat beside her, dadi caressed Ayesha's head, she hugged her and cried even louder

I couldn't hear what dadi was saying, but she kept on rubbing her back. I was standing there helplessly, i couldn't do anything to bring peace to Ayesha

Her sobs died and she laid in dadi's lap. I left from there. I was feeling bad for her. My decision has turned her life upside down, but what else could I have done, i didn't want to lose her at any cost.