chapter 49

.
Athar's POV
.

"Damn it" I punched the steering wheel, again I hurt her, I realise the harshness of my words now, but I'm helpless, I can't see her with anyone else, it makes me mad.

Why does she not understand that it is impossible for me to see her with someone else?  I should have been softer with her, but she should also care about my feelings.

"Aaaaahhhh" I groaned and put my head on the wheel.

I got upset and as usual reacted too loudly. I was sitting in the car in the office parking, I left from Ayesha's house and drove crazily till here, now when I have calmed down a little I feel bad for hurting her

Her broken phone flashed infront of my eyes. I decided what I had to do now.

****

After spending a few hours in the office, I made way to the mall. I had to buy something.

I parked the car and went in the house. A maid answered the door, my plan was to go straight to Ayesha, but stopped when I found her sitting with mumma and hayat in the living room.

"Assalamualaikum" I said loudly

"Walekumassalam beta" mumma smiled widely.

"Bhai you left for the office, we got so bored at home" hayat complaint, "I want to see Chandigarh" she pouted

"Ok! Get ready, I will take you out for an ice cream" I said, she shrieked in excitement

"Really?" She asked

"Ek ice cream pe itni khushi (you are getting so happy for an ice cream)" mumma laughed

"It's not about ice cream, aunty, this must have been the first time when bhai agreed so quickly to do something for me, otherwise he leaves no stone unturned to irritate me".

I rolled my eyes at her untimely complain.

"Do you want to go now?" I asked

"Yes" she grinned, and excused herself to get ready

"Mumma and Ayesha you also get ready, all of us will go" I said without looking at Ayesha, I didn't want her to refuse.

"No beta, I can't come I have some work, Ayesha will go with you" mumma said

"Mumma" Ayesha whined

"Go get ready, and wear something decent" mumma said in a terse tone to her.

Does she know about our fight? Oh god! I should have been careful, how could I forget that we are in Ayesha's parents house. What mumma must be thinking about me!

Ayesha stomped her foot and went to her room. Now it was just me, mumma and an awkward silence between us.

"Don't take it on your heart what Ayesha does" she said breaking the wall of silence, I looked at her in confusion

"My daughter has a blunt tongue, but she is not a bad person, she is really good at heart" she said looking down, like she was embarrassed

"What are you saying! I know she is not a bad person, in fact she is the most amazing person I know" I said

"That is very nice of you, I have seen the way she talks with you, I'm sorry on her beh...."

"Mumma please, you are embarassing me. I never mind how she talks with me, I love her each and every action, you also don't pay attention on such things"

"She got married to you out of her own will, but sometimes she behaves as if she was forced to marry you, I fail to understand this girl"

I gulped at her words.