chapter 63

.
Izhaan's pov
.

Alhamdulillah! Allah helped me and I won the case. I immediately took out my phone and messaged the news to dada ji, I'm sure he will feel too happy.

Excitedly I exited the court room, I could see media lurking, but I wanted to go to my Reem as quickly as possible, so I took the another exit.

My steps faltered when I came face to face with Maizah, I smiled looking at her.

"I don't know how to thank you Izhaan, I could only win the case because of you." She beamed

"It was just not me, there was a whole team, everyone worked hard" I reminded her

"But you were at the front, people saw you with me. For last few months your life was in grave danger, but you never complained. I have troubled you so much, but you have always been so nice to me" she looked down

"That was a part of my duty, I was just doing my job, I'm glad it's all finished now" I said feeling so good about it, she looked at me with an emotion I couldn't decipher

"Yeah! It's all finished!" She heaved a defeated sigh. "You are free now" she let out a dry chuckle, I couldn't understand her at the moment.

"No I'm not free, I will be doing my most favourite duty now" I grinned ear to ear

"Which duty?" She frowned at me

"Husband duty" I shrugged

"Oh!" She said with a serious face

"In fact I'm going to the hospital right now, I can't wait to meet my Reem"

"I'm sorry for what happened to her, it was all my fault" she apologized

"None of us was prepared for what happened that day, Reem is safe, that's all that matters now. I will compensate for the time I missed with her. Since I couldn't afford being seen with her in public, I have not taken her out for months, but not anymore. I have so many plans in my head, which I'm going to fulfill" I said excitedly

"Izhaan, I. I" she stuttered, then she let out a long sigh. "Reem is very lucky to have you"

"I am lucky to have her, seriously, she is the best thing in my life. Anyways, I should go now, all the best for your future" I said and left without hearing her reply.

I have been in contact with Maizah for months, but it was the most awkward conversation between us ever.

I managed to exit the court room and get into my car, without getting in the eyes of the media.

I shuddered when I recalled what Vivek said about Reem's condition that day. I wish I was there I would have just hid her in my arms, but I wasn't there. I felt a wave of panic rise in me.

She was on road, walking blindly. There were so many goons, even though Vivek was there, but what if after witnessing Reem with me, they went after her. I felt my heart beat stopping thinking about all the possible scenarios.

I am so thankful to you Allah, for keeping my Reem safe.

The only reason I never told Reem about Maizah was because when I signed the deal with her and decided to fight her case, my life was in constant danger.

There were people following me, day and night I was dodging them, I couldn't tell Reem, last time when she found out about the threat, it impacted her health greatly, and now I didn't want to take any risk.

When I got to know about her pregnancy, I was already involved in the case. Maizah is dada ji's colleague's granddaughter, when dada ji went to meet Osman uncle at the hospital, he assured her that I would help Maizah in every way possible.