Issue #12: The Sports Festival Part 2: The Cavalry Battle

"Those of you at the top will suffer the most. Of course, you will hear this over and over at U.A. So use what Plus Ultra means! Wade Walker, who placed first in the obstacle course, is worth ten million points!" Midnight exclaimed to the participants.

Wade froze up when he felt every single pair of eyes lock-on him. Hungry to take his points and knock him out of the games.

His heart was beating fast, trying to remain strong. Their eyes felt like the same eyes that he would get back when he was still Quirkless, but now... it was different. He was different. Wade only grabbed the first place because of his dumb luck, but now, he's finally seeing what All Might has to deal with all the time, every day as the Number 1 Hero. To always have a target on his back and everyone wanting to get their hands on him. But Wade wasn't deterred. Filled with more determination to win, Wade wasn't going to back down for this fight in any way. The odds were against him, but he's going to fight to the end, even alone if he had too.

Even All Might saw that Wade was quick to understand, seeing his successor's fiery determination.

"First years, these are the rules that you'll abide by. The game itself will last fifteen minutes. Individual point values will be added together to reach your team's total. Everyone will know your worth thanks to your headbands. Swipe as many headbands as you can to raise your team's score. Stolen headbands must be worn from the neck up. So the more you steal, the harder it'll be to manage them! And another thing, even if your headband gets stolen or your team falls, you can keep playing until time's up!"

"It's anyone's game then." Momo said with a hand on her chin.

"Since there are 42 contestants, there'll be 10 to 12 teams fighting on the field the entire time." Sato responded with a thoughtful look.

Aoyama poked his head up. "Sounds like a bad time."

"So if you lose your head at the beginning you have more time to make up a plan." Mina said, looking at Tsuyu.

"I don't know Mina." Tsuyu said with a finger on her chin."Maybe we should wait and see how the teams turn out first before we start strategizing."

"This is going to be rough. You may use your Quirks as much as you like! But, there are still rules; make a team fall on purpose and I'll penalize you with a red card. That means you'll be disqualified!" Midnight warned the students, which didn't seem to sit well with Bakugo. "Now you've got 15 minutes to build your teams! I recommend you get started!"

Wade took a moment to think. In his case, his teammates' points didn't really matter. All he had to do was pick the right people. People that're in his class, as it was a gamble to pick someone that he didn't know the powers of. He had to act fast.

The Spider-Man looked around...

...and saw that he was completely isolated by every single person on the field.

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!" Wade screamed up at the sky while grabbing his head. How was he going to have no team if they were all avoiding him like the plague? But then he saw that Mina was running nearby. "Mina!"

Mina stopped and looked at him with wide eyes. "Wade?" She asked as he ran over to her.

"Let's team up!" He said hopefully. "It'll just be like the combat training exercise."

Mina had a downcast expression as she scratched the back of her head. "Yeah...actually Wade, I was thinking of teaming up with Bakugo." She then said nervously.

"..." Wade stared at her for a moment. Really hoping that she was playing around with him. "...What?"

"Yeah, please don't take this the wrong way. I would have loved to team up with me again, but...it's just you're worth so much that everyone's going to be gunning for you." the pink girl said before walking off towards Bakugo. Leaving Wade in a state of horror. She felt guilty about leaving him all alone, but afterward, she'll make it up to him when the games are over. "Good luck!"