Issue #27: Dorms and Upgrades

Dan looked at All Might with a scowl, while the form Hero sat patiently on the other side of the table. It was the day of Dan's 'prison transfer', and before he was to be taken to Tartarus, All Might wanted to talk to him about Wade. At first, he wanted to tell him about the school's decision to have the students move into a dorm built on UA's property.

However, Dan wasn't interested in the dorms. He had something else on his mind.

One for All. The power that All for One, Daniel's former 'master,' wanted. He targeted Wade in the first place to get the power, and the father wanted to know what it was and why All for One was so willing to risk coming out into the open to get it.

All Might knew the fighter deserved the truth, so he gave it to him. He told him about the power, its origins, and how Wade came to become his successor. The conversation took less than thirty minutes until the hero was done explaining. Daniel just sat there and took it all in until it was over. He said nothing, except for a few simple questions. Allowing All Might to tell him the story.

After a moment of silence, Daniel sighed and rubbed his face, his arms shackled for safety measures. "You're telling me that the power that All for One is after was passed down to Wade by you?" He asked, his tone showing how much he was trying to restrain his anger at the hero.

"I know that you must have a lot of questions," All Might started, but was interrupted by the father.

"'A lot of questions?' My son has a Quirk that a madman is after. What other questions could I have besides 'What were you thinking'?!" Daniel yelled, standing up and pacing around the room.

"Not anymore. All for One is locked away and can't hurt your son," All Might said, trying to calm the worried father down. However, it did little to ease him.

"And what about Shigaraki? The guy's coming after me for helping you and shooting his master. What's to stop him from going after Wade? And if what you said is true, that your powers are all gone, how will you protect him?" Daniel asked, anxious at the thought of that manchild attacking his son. Did he even know about the power until the night of the attack? What precautions was the school taking to ensure the League never got close enough to the students? With All Might's retirement, the villains would become much bolder.

So many worries and questions ran through Daniel's head. Before his 'death,' all he had to be concerned about was Wade getting into fights and getting into trouble. The last time Daniel was scared to death about his son's safety was after he was kidnapped. He was so scared that similar villains or those associated with them would try to harm him. As years passed, and as Dan protected his community during his vigilante days, his fears slowly dissipated. Of course, the father was scared of Wade getting caught in the middle of a villain attack.

However, those old fears had returned in greater force.

Sighing in defeat, Daniel sat down in his chair. "And the worst thing is that I can't do anything to protect him," he said, looking down at the table. "Seeing what All for One did to you...I can't stop myself but think of Wade being in your place. I can't thank you enough for being there for Wade and teaching him as his teacher. But as a father, I'm terrified. It's evident that Wade's following your path, and I do not doubt that with his Spider-Quirk, he'll be an amazing Hero. Even as a kid, I knew he was something special. But with One for All, Wade's future will be filled with blood and pain."

All Might looked at the father with an understanding expression. He couldn't imagine the anxiety going through Daniel's mind. As a father, his first priority was Wade. "Indeed, and I'm sorry for all the hardships Wade has endured. I've allowed so much harm to come to him. I've failed him as a Hero. However..."